Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

Gray said:
The Ref was influenced by our last match and decided to not book anybody until he absolutely had to, work a treat apart from the Johnson tackle in the last few minutes.

If every ref did what Mason did tonight I would be happy.

this!

PistonBlue said:
The problem is the FA are totally unaccountable, and very rarely do they alter a decision that was made in error, such as Kompany.

Imagine the retrospective appeals they woud be exposing themselves open to if they even entertained such an idea?

Not a chance on earth, especially without input from a referees report. Referees which are controlled and answer to a self regulating body.

The f.a don't need to make themselves look like even bigger bafoons than they already do, do they?

rickmcfc said:
The FA can't go back and give him a red card as the referee saw the inciden and decided not to act. Let's just move on.
They bloody well can. And you don't know the ref saw it at all.

stony said:
RichieTHFC said:
uwe282828 said:
The FA have dug a large hole for themselves,this has to be looked at,the ref didnt give a yellow card or free kick so ,i take it he didnt see it.the FA must give Johnson a 3 game ban.

Doesn't work that way. You can't go back to games and give post-match red cards, everyone knows that

Tell Ben Thatcher that

adebayor v arsenal? swp at stoke?

colMCFC said:
watch the impact on lescott's foot, fucking joke! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj93su6kDr4&context=C3ac2749ADOEgsToPDskLldTuutYT5l8AuaOy80N2-[/youtube]

Blimey, that is FAR worse than it first seemed.

I have to tell you folks, that is a 100% cast iron, dead cert straight red card. All day long.

The rules say nothing of two-footed challenges. But they do say:

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality

against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as

serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the

front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force

and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Also,

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary

use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.

• A player who uses excessive force must be sent off

How on earth can that challenge not have endangered injuring Lescott? You can see his bloody ankle bend! 5 milliseconds late and he would have snapped his bloody leg in half. Jesus Christ.

Rammy Blue said:
Funny how fast the commentators moved on from it.

Double footed, off the ground, feet together.

Far worse than VK's.

Not even a yellow, couldn't make it up.

Dixon said it was worse than VK's

oddfellows said:
Rammy Blue said:
Funny how fast the commentators moved on from it.

Double footed, off the ground, feet together.

Far worse than VK's.

Not even a yellow, couldn't make it up.

Dixon said it was worse than VC's

If they saw the video above, they would be mortified. It's an absolutely shocking challenge. Much worse than your average kicking an opponent, or head butt or elbow which would all get reds but in reality are not that dangerous. Johnson's challenge could have ended Lescott's career!

rickmcfc said:
The FA can't go back and give him a red card as the referee saw the inciden and decided not to act. Let's just move on.

clattenburg saw the adebayor/van persie incident (10 feet away & looking directly at it) but decided not to act. however, he put in his report that he hadn't seen it but would have given adebayor a red card if he had. hence the fa were able to give adebayor a retrospective 3 match ban.

there are precedents for this kind of thing but it seems that city always get the shitty end of the stick.

Gray said:
The Ref was influenced by our last match and decided to not book anybody until he absolutely had to, work a treat apart from the Johnson tackle in the last few minutes.

If every ref did what Mason did tonight I would be happy.

So would I, but our captain is sat in the stands for 4 matches because they don't, so I'm not happy at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.