Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

well it's the muFA primarily but Liverpool are also one of their favoured few

so there is no chance that the muFA would punish Johnson for his challenge even though it was way worse than Vinny's genuine tackle

Corrupt and/or Inept........take your choice

Absolutely disgraceful it's a jump tackle both feet off the ground together that's why Bobby was incensed Vinnie 4 game ban and then that prick Gerrard having a go at Bobby and mentioning Granny Shagger Syrup Transplant Rooney, twunt.

When will the FA "stamp" out the double standards?

rassclot said:
stony said:
RichieTHFC said:
Doesn't work that way. You can't go back to games and give post-match red cards, everyone knows that

Tell Ben Thatcher that

adebayor v arsenal? swp at stoke?

The FA can act retrospectively if the ref didn't see it. Of course that allows refs to lie about whether they saw something or not, depending on who they support.

The ref in the Sweep vs Delap foul (was it Atkinson, I can't remember) is clearly on video staring at Sweep kicking Delap, but then said to the panel that he didnt see anything.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Not a word about it anywhere! Not a tweet from a journo,article,nothing!
You've not looked, have you?

Simon Burnton (Guardian):
90+1 mins: Glen Johnson wins the ball with a perfectly timed ... two-footed tackle. City's fans briefly demand a red card, but there isn't even a yellow. They're right to detect inconsistency there.

The one [story] we're going to settle on, it seems, is that late (in the game) two-footed tackle from Glen Johnson on Joleon Lescott. Clearly, if Kompany's was a red card Johnson's must also be. The offences are very similar, but Johnson's two feet were travelling at greater pace and therefore were more likely to inflict injury. Both tackles won the ball cleanly, but I can understand if it has been decided that two-footed, studs-up tackles are by nature dangerous and must be eliminated. If that's the case, though, someone should make sure that all the referees know about it, rather than just a couple of them.

Balti said:
well it's the muFA primarily but Liverpool are also one of their favoured few

so there is no chance that the muFA would punish Johnson for his challenge even though it was way worse than Vinny's genuine tackle

Corrupt and/or Inept........take your choice

I'll go with corrupt.

bobmcfc said:
Ducado said:
Adbs said:
neither tackles were reds ffs. if johnson gets a ban for that it'll be just as much a farce as VK

Just goes to show how crap a decision it was; as you get tackles like that every game

Look at the Gif

21jy78j.jpg

Thing is, this is a challenge that could've been made with one foot tbh. Definate yellow at least!

Pingu the Penguin said:
refs are, have always been, and always will be inconsistent

we've just got to get on with it

No they aren't, it seems to me that you are failing to see what is actually going on.

They are consistant, in the fact we alone have borne the brunt of at least 5 red cards now, and in each and every one the decisions made by officials have been shockingly bad.

The decisions themselves may appear to be inconsistant, but when we are the ones being judged, they are as consistant as anyone could ever imagine is possible, they hang us out to dry.

Lordeffingham said:
Pingu the Penguin said:
refs are, have always been, and always will be inconsistent

we've just got to get on with it

No they aren't, it seems to me that you are failing to see what is actually going on.

They are consistant, in the fact we alone have borne the brunt of at least 5 red cards now, and in each and every one the decisions made by officials have been shockingly bad.

The decisions themselves may appear to be inconsistant, but when we are the ones being judged, they are as consistant as anyone could ever imagine is possible, they hang us out to dry.

Quite my Lord.

If sick of just 'getting on with it' .

Perhaps only Vinny's first this season was valid. Perhaps Clichy too but I've seen worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.