Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

bluecroi said:
citymad said:
ban-mcfc said:
my opinion is IF you get the ball and not the man you should be able to tackle how you want.

if you catch the man then fuck you, unlucky.

IMO kompany's and johnson's were decent tackles but we need consistency.

the fa will do fuck all, as they play in red.

sorry but that was a dangerous, totally wreckless and could've easily ruined Lescotts career. Do we have to wait for contact and subsequent broken ankle before its deemed a bad tackle ?

But he didn't touch the player. I agree it was absolutely wreckless. It had the potential to be horrendus IF he had made contact. But he didn't. He got there first.
Are we now supposed to punish players on ifs and maybes?
If he was a second later he could have broken his leg, ya, but are they supposed to send off a player for what might have happened?

It was wreckless, but he got very lucky. That's it.

are you for real?

go and read the fucking rules.

TBH, ref tonight wasn't that bad overall. He still thought there is a snake in his pocket when Gerrard was supposed to be booked but overall he was trying to keep things calm and civil for most of the game.

But considering what happened 3 days ago it's just heartbreaking that we saw that tackle went without sending off, booking or even calling the foul. They just don't give a shit knowing they can penetrate us however they wish.

By upholding Kompanys ban the FA have left themselves in a bad situation,by rights it should be a retrospective ban for Johnson (based on their stance over Kompany),however they will use their usual get out clause by claiming the referee saw it and deemed it not worthy of any action...case closed !

blueprint said:
We should endeavour to see that Glen Johnson's two legged lunge be brought to attention.
Our mistake was not to spotlight more on Giggs' foul on Kun and Evra's elbow on Micah!

Well I sent the clips to the FA and got an acknowledgement that they received the message

JoeMercer'sWay said:
bluecroi said:
citymad said:
sorry but that was a dangerous, totally wreckless and could've easily ruined Lescotts career. Do we have to wait for contact and subsequent broken ankle before its deemed a bad tackle ?

But he didn't touch the player. I agree it was absolutely wreckless. It had the potential to be horrendus IF he had made contact. But he didn't. He got there first.
Are we now supposed to punish players on ifs and maybes?
If he was a second later he could have broken his leg, ya, but are they supposed to send off a player for what might have happened?

It was wreckless, but he got very lucky. That's it.

are you for real?

go and read the fucking rules.

according to the rules kompanys wasn't a foul and johnsons was a red for me then.

but i disagree with the rules, we can't go off ifs or buts. if we did then every time a player jumped with his arms he should be sent off in case he pokes someones eye out.

some times you cannot tackle without showing studs.

If all 34k members allowed me to install a few bits of code on their pc i could send a clear message to the FA :D

Omg 34k zombies for a botnet haha that would be epic.

cyprustavern said:
By upholding Kompanys ban the FA have left themselves in a bad situation,by rights it should be a retrospective ban for Johnson (based on their stance over Kompany),however they will use their usual get out clause by claiming the referee saw it and deemed it not worthy of any action...case closed !

exactly. anyone hoping they would do anything is deluded.

MSP said:
cyprustavern said:

exactly. anyone hoping they would do anything is deluded.

I think it is time to activate agent Bernstein.

Everyone say the secret word.

Bluekiwi said:
blueprint said:
We should endeavour to see that Glen Johnson's two legged lunge be brought to attention.
Our mistake was not to spotlight more on Giggs' foul on Kun and Evra's elbow on Micah!

Well I sent the clips to the FA and got an acknowledgement that they received the message

And I've just sent the Johnson and Vinnie clips with a PLEASE EXPLAIN

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.