Red Card for Glen Johnson?!?!?!

Johnson shouldn't be banned because his tackle is perfectly fine, two wrongs don't make a right. Mancini should have taken the players off the pitch after the Kompany decision as it was an absolute disgrace and completely ruined the game as a contest.

It irritates me the inconsistency of refereeing and the inability and unwillingness of the FA to reverse decisions. It’s about time we hit the FA where it hurts, their Sponsors, Barclays, Carling, and Budweiser. The FA may start to take note if their support was mobilised, after all we pay to watch a match in expectation that it will be properly regulated. It’s about we had the same standard of refereeing we see in Rugby, surely that’s what we pay for!!

deano ou812 said:
johnson's tackle on lescott imo was alot worse than vinnie's,but the ref didnt act on it so we just have to move on.we dont want to become obssessed with every tackle made from now on,as our football could suffer as a result,we need to knuckle down and concentrate on our football and nothing else,the vinnie ban is a sickener but we just need to take our medicine and get on instead of feeling sorry for ourselves,as no one else gives a fcuk,and will just look to stick the knife in even more.

Deano whilst I agree with everything you say to move on is not the answer, there has to be a level playing field and consistency from the officials, we have a playing serving a 4 match ban whilst one continues on scot free

If Kompany received a red - a red that's upheld by the FA (not just the ref) remember - for cleanly winning the ball, then what is *that*?

Johnson's was a two footed lunge whereas Kompany's was scooped the ball away from the opponent with both feet and got sent off.

Fucking disgrace.

Carstairs said:
I can't see how the FA cannot take retrospective action. Clearly the ref saw it, but chose not to act, which opens the door for the FA Disciplinary Comittee to charge Johnson.

Haven't you got that the wrong way around? The FA can *only* act if the ref say he didn't see it, but would have taken action had he done so. If the ref did see it and decided no card was necessary, the FA cannot do anything.

I don't think I have got that wrong, have I?

The Ref was influenced by our last match and decided to not book anybody until he absolutely had to, work a treat apart from the Johnson tackle in the last few minutes.

If every ref did what Mason did tonight I would be happy.

Chippy_boy said:
Carstairs said:
I can't see how the FA cannot take retrospective action. Clearly the ref saw it, but chose not to act, which opens the door for the FA Disciplinary Comittee to charge Johnson.

Haven't you got that the wrong way around? The FA can *only* act if the ref say he didn't see it, but would have taken action had he done so. If the ref did see it and decided no card was necessary, the FA cannot do anything.

I don't think I have got that wrong, have I?

No, that is quite correct. Not that Johnsons deserves punishment anyway but if the ref has seen it and dealt with it then nothing the FA can do, unless the ref puts in his report he feels he made a mistake then maybe something could be done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.