Redcafe: The Bitterness Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions....

scorer said:
shadygiz said:
dont forget viv anderson and recently smalling

Yeah.... you just cant buy success can you?

-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:01 pm --

shadygiz said:
dont forget viv anderson and recently smalling

...and Schmeicel
roy keane 3.5 mill. transfer record at the time i think,

paul ince who they all now hate.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
those fees don't include the considerable add-ons.

Or the brown paper packages "Agent" Jason fees.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 pm --<br /><br />
blue dallas said:
scorer said:
Yeah.... you just cant buy success can you?

-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:01 pm --

...and Schmeicel
roy keane 3.5 mill. transfer record at the time i think,

paul ince who they all now hate.

and the list goes on

and on

and on and on and on

Redcafe: "Which is Worse"...Hilariously Bitter Thread

Sorry about this, but I have been lurking tonight and Jesus wept those rags are fucking deluded, arrogant twats. This thread caught my eye as they are discussing if it is worse for the dippers to win the Prem or City. This post is just....well words escape me....read for yourself:

Towards the end of last season I realised I wanted Liverpool to keep winning to minimise the odds of City getting fourth. They're both our rivals, and they've both got a selection if incredibly irritating fans, but at least Liverpool are still a real football club. City are essentially MK Dons writ large, a multi-billionaire bought himself a place in the premier league, and will buy himself some trophies. The fans will continue to support the team, but none of it really has anything to do with them. City could play every week in front of only Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan and it would make absolutely no difference. Indeed the only enjoyable aspect of all this will be when Eastlands is inevitably swamped with southern/foreign fans, we'll see how much they trumpet their precious parochialism then. The team has no progression in it, this isn't a team we'll watch grow, they'll just keep buying until they win. The players are disposable mercenaries, most of whom probably had little idea who City were five years ago. Their only hope of having any kind of legacy is for them to play great football, and that sure won't be happening under Mancini. For all we belittle them around here, Liverpool Football Club is up there with ourselves and Arsenal as one of the giants of the English game. The purist in me will always want a team like that to win ahead of a plaything like City. Of course in an ideal world, or a half way decent one, teams like Spurs and Villa would challenge for the league. Yet now we're at a stage where if the manager of the team which finished fourth last year suggests he should aim for the title he gets widely mocked. It's getting to the stage where fans of the teams which are neither super-rich lottery winners nor managed by the very best must be questioning what the point of the whole thing is.

That and I live in Stockport, Jesus, it doesn't bear thinking about.

I cannot wait for success to come our way, I will be smiling like a Cheshire cat, chest out, City shirt on, walking down the Arndale chuckling at the bitter, skint has-beens.<br /><br />-- July 26th, 2010, 9:34 pm --<br /><br />They can't fucking help themselves, read this one, it starts out well then the hypocrisy gene kicks in and you just piss yourself laughing:

Neither. Really it does not matter - I hope one of them wins it soon. Because if they do, they will have acquired some great footballers and have played some sensational football in the process and it would have been one one hell of a competition that year too.

Manchester United does not have a divine right to win the league every year neither will it! Every season, the best team will win. If it happens to be City of Liverpool, so be it, they would deserve our full congratulations.

The PL needs to get stronger and we needs more team capable of winning the league to make it interesting. We are already quickly becoming a 2 team duopoly and that is not good for the prestige of the league or making it entertaining for the supporter.

Anyway, I grew up as the only Manchester United supporter in my school at a time when Liverpool were winning European cups for fun and collecting league titles by the bucket load .... my London based school was full of Liverpool glory hunters and I could not foresee a time when my team might even break that Liverpool stranglehold. I learnt two things from that:

1. Nothing lasts forever.
2. It was just as fun supporting Manchester United when we did not win anything as it is now when we are winning things for fun.

Re: Redcafe: "Which is Worse"...Hilariously Bitter Thread

The cracks are definitely showing. :-)

They're both our rivals

Since when have we been there rivals? It was always Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

when the rag fans say you have no history and your not a big club I say, especially to the rag fans how did you become a big club? the answer is always about all the trophies they have won and then the 76.000 thousand fans that turn up week in week out. The thing I say is before 92 your trophy winning was pretty shit for a so called big club, and it was the Munich disaster that put you on the map and also if its just winning trophies that make you a big club whose to say in 15 to 20 years we are not up there trophy wise and publicity wise around the world? All I'll say is when some one says "you'll never reach our trophy count" I say NEVER is a long time and with our money, we WILL one day be the biggest Club in the world I might be 6 ft under by then but my family will reap the rewards in the future

waspish said:
when the rag fans say you have no history and your not a big club I say, especially to the rag fans how did you become a big club? the answer is always about all the trophies they have won and then the 76.000 thousand fans that turn up week in week out. The thing I say is before 92 your trophy winning was pretty shit for a so called big club, and it was the Munich disaster that put you on the map and also if its just winning trophies that make you a big club whose to say in 15 to 20 years we are not up there trophy wise and publicity wise around the world? All I'll say is when some one says "you'll never reach our trophy count" I say NEVER is a long time and with our money, we WILL one day be the biggest Club in the world I might be 6 ft under by then but my family will reap the rewards in the future

exactly, 20 years ago who could ever have dreamed of United being level with Liverpool by now?

TheLegendOfBerti said:
waspish said:

exactly, 20 years ago who could ever have dreamed of United being level with Liverpool by now?

I say that to the rags I know, and that in 20 years we could be up there with your lot in the amount of league wins, they just laugh at you and say it will never happen, so the rags can win the league 11 times but we wont or can't Hahahaha! how deluded the rag fans are.

ha ha I love the "no history" comments....

If you look back to their record before football was invented in 92', their trophy haul, for the worlds biggest club (copyrighted by some southern cnut in 94) was pretty poor:

7 1st Div (prem for those too young to know the diff) titles
2 2nd Div (Championship) titles
7 FA Cups (including 3 won in the 80's to 90 - when they wanked millions away on Alan Brazil, Terry Gibson,Colin Gibson, Peter Davenport etc....)
1 League Cup
10 Charity Shields
1 European Cup
1 Cup Winners Cup
1 Super Cup (played at Owe Trafford against war torn Red Star at the start of the balkans war)

Take away the 10 pre-season friendlies Shields and you have 20 trophies

Not the greatest haul for being a huge club for 120 years, in my opinion considering Forest won more European Cups, Villa (I think had the record for FA Cups), Liverpool cleaned up on titles, considering what they spent form the 70's onwards.

Our record pre football being invented record stands up in comparison in my opinion if you consider how inferior we are....

2 League Titles
6 2nd Div titles
4 FA Cups
2 league cups
1 Cup Winners Cup
3 Charity Shields

Exc the pre-season friendlies thats 15 trophies.

Not bad!

Next time a rag tells you that City have no history, please remind them that prior the Butchers son selling the clubs soul on the stock exchange United had won a similar number of trophies as us! The money that the stock exchange flotation yeilded, enabled united to continue their spending spree thoughout the 90's.

The one thing United have proved is that cash does indeed help in creating success, I will acknowledge that Ferguson is THE greatest club manager has ever produced, and they did have a prolific set of kids come through...

Just remember History is there to be written......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.