Reece Wabara post EDS game

JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
cheers JMW

the odd snippet i've seen of Rekik live he just seems to ooze class

I was blown away watching him today, won headers, read the game perfectly, if the full back got caught out he would come across and he would make the most technically perfect slide tackle to easily dispossess the attacker. There was one moment in the 2nd half where United poured forward on the break from a corner, and I thought to myself "Vinnie" because Rekik just stepped out, intercepted the ball, dribbled up the pitch about 30 yards, assessed the situation, let everyone get back into position, kept hold of the ball and then just played a pass back to calm it all down and let us take control of the possession again.

Whereas Savic is tentative and hesitant and makes silly errors, Rekik was just "bang" and he was there today, really, really impressive.

Kidd was there today as well, so he would have had a great look at him.

Before today I would have said "CB in the summer, we need a Hummels or somebody to partner Vinnie" now I say, no just stick with what we've got and gradually blend Rekik in. Why waste £20m when we've got a potential £30m CB dominating our EDS game?
exactly
we have lescott and savic who can partner vinnie, i think kolo will be on his way, and we should be aiming to blend Rekik in next season so that he is a regular in two years time

it seems like everyone is on savic's case but i think he looks a good footballer
he needs to bulk up somewhat and then to push the forward around, but i still feel he will come good

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
if i'm polite we had a 1 man defence today.

he was mediocre at RB and wasn't much better at CB, fortunately we were so good at controlling the ball and thus the game that he didn't get tested too much, but it was far too easy for the rags when they did get the ball.

I take it that 1 man was a certain 17 year old lad who goes by the name Rekik?

Rekik? you mean the lad that I and some others believe is as good as Savic, if not better already?(certainly more confident). You mean the Rekik who today owned a striker on the fringes of the Rag first team like Vinnie does week in, week out? You mean the lad who I humbly believe will create a partnership with Vinnie that will be as integral to us as Pique/Puyol, Rio/Vidic, Terry/Carvalho & Nesta/Cannavaro of Italy?

Yeah, that Rekik.

Before today, seeing the odd game of him and odd cameo, I thought "really?" today I thought "yeah, he's really that good". Best prospect I've seen at the blues in my albeit brief existence, but that's no slight on Suarez, Roman, Bunn and today even the Gay Assassin, finally gets a game and finally shows us what he can do, and I can safely say he can do quite a lot.

They all need work, and quite bit of it no doubt, but, and I know I have a higher opinion of Bunn than maybe others, but I don't see why they all can't play some part in our future, sadly I only think the success rate will be 50% at best, but we're in safe hands if that's the quality we're going to be recruiting/developing on a regular basis, we just need to make sure we fix the EDS setup and get rid of the dead weight that made up the rest of the team, because a few played half decently but were carried by the stars in there, and the defence, well no matter how good Rekik was not even Vinnie could have saved our defence today, it was pretty bad.

Not sure Welsh is the right guy, but can't fault Rigg on the recruitment side 2bh if that's who we're going to be bringing in, really exciting times to be a Blue and looking at our future.

If I were a rag I'd be scared, because not one player in that bunch would get anywhere near us, not a hope. They were 2nd best on their own patch by quite a long way and if our keeper and defence had been even half decent they wouldn't have got a sniff, they better have something up their sleeves because on that not even refs will save them if that's what's gonna be put in front of us in years to come.

Well it all sounds mouth watering JMW....

I feel for the likes of Wabara because you can tell his blue by heart but like I said to my dad it's the case of if you're not good enough you've no chance in hell... Unfortuanly we're past the day's of bleeding 5 or 6 youths a season because of the lack of funds (and ambition) of the club, if we want to win titles and win trophies unfortuantly we will see a lot of die hard blues much like your Wabara's and Edghills of the days because they aren't simply cut out for the big scene...

Hopefully once we improve the Youth Facilities and build this massive Training ground it will benifit the youth coming into City but that's not for another 5-8 years yet... I'd much like to see Bunn, Guidetti, Suarez, Roman, Gai Assulin and Rekik come through as they've all looked like decent prospects and Bunn and Guidetti have been in scoring form especially Guidetti

squirtyflower said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
cheers JMW

I was blown away watching him today, won headers, read the game perfectly, if the full back got caught out he would come across and he would make the most technically perfect slide tackle to easily dispossess the attacker. There was one moment in the 2nd half where United poured forward on the break from a corner, and I thought to myself "Vinnie" because Rekik just stepped out, intercepted the ball, dribbled up the pitch about 30 yards, assessed the situation, let everyone get back into position, kept hold of the ball and then just played a pass back to calm it all down and let us take control of the possession again.

Whereas Savic is tentative and hesitant and makes silly errors, Rekik was just "bang" and he was there today, really, really impressive.

Before today I would have said "CB in the summer, we need a Hummels or somebody to partner Vinnie" now I say, no just stick with what we've got and gradually blend Rekik in. Why waste £20m when we've got a potential £30m CB dominating our EDS game?
exactly
we have lescott and savic who can partner vinnie, i think kolo will be on his way, and we should be aiming to blend Rekik in next season so that he is a regular in two years time

it seems like everyone is on savic's case but i think he looks a good footballer
he needs to bulk up somewhat and then to push the forward around, but i still feel he will come good

Savic could do with playing in the EDS with Rekik, imho.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
cheers JMW

becouse CB is the MOST difficult role in football , the one where experience and personality are absolutely essential and you can easily ruin even the greatest prospect if you dont let him the needed time to grown. you can hardly find a 20/22 years old CB in a top team , let aside a 18 one

JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
cheers JMW

Wow, sounds exciting this lad. But I still think we need a CB who can long-pass from deep. We have seen Vinnie (in the chelsea game and against tottenham I think) try to do so and fail miserably. But on the other hand Hummels is an absolute pro at that. What is does is, it enables counter attacks to happen at an accelerated pace over the opposition midfield which will be desperately trying to block runners engaging the counter and trying to get back into position. How is Rekik's general range of passing like?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

exactly

But surely the standard of football is much lower than in the EPL? Savic is a youngster with CL experience and is a regular for his country, so I think he has the experience in general. However, what he still lacks is PL experience (how to handle constant aerial balls in the box well.. etc) and body mass to delay the movement of attackers running at goal, which is critical to buy time and make an interception.

pauljv92 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
exactly

But surely the standard of football is much lower than in the EPL? Savic is a youngster with CL experience and is a regular for his country, so I think he has the experience in general. However, what he still lacks is PL experience (how to handle constant aerial balls in the box well.. etc) and body mass to delay the movement of attackers running at goal, which is critical to buy time and make an interception.

he could just do with a couple of games to get his confidence up, playing against weaker opposition and getting a feel for playing over here.

I'd have him and Rekik as our CB's for the Europa League.

squirtyflower said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
cheers JMW

exactly

Don't forget Boyata! (not saying him, Savic and Rekik will all make it, but they all seem to have the talent)

JoeMercer'sWay said:
pauljv92 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

he could just do with a couple of games to get his confidence up, playing against weaker opposition and getting a feel for playing over here.

Hmmm... Sounds like a good idea but not for the Porto and Porting though. Haha. Those are 2 tough opponents. Would need a Vinnie alongside either one to guide them and cover for them if needed.

pauljv92 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
pauljv92 said:

Hmmm... Sounds like a good idea but not for the Porto and Porting though. Haha. Those are 2 tough opponents. Would need a Vinnie alongside either one to guide them and cover for them if needed.

i'm not arsed about the europa and certainly don't want any first choice players playing in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.