Reece Wabara post EDS game

I think a lot of critism Savic recieves is harsh and to be fair Vidic was equally as bad when he first joined United but they carried on playing him and it paid off the same will happen with Savic and in 5 years time who knows we could end up with Savic and Rekik together in the back 4...

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
I think a lot of critism Savic recieves is harsh and to be fair Vidic was equally as bad when he first joined United but they carried on playing him and it paid off the same will happen with Savic and in 5 years time who knows we could end up with Savic and Rekik together in the back 4...

you'd dare drop Vinnie? ;P.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I agree, but that first 15 minutes was the worst individual defensive performance I've seen in a good while, he made Carroll look like a world beater.

let's not forget at Anfield he had to be hauled off such was his terrified way of playing.

If I was being very harsh I could jokingly say that his recent performances would have made him a perfect fit for the non-Rekik defenders today, as they, like Savic, seemed to have forgotten how to defend.
i'd agree he was like a rabbit in the headlights, but it was a semi-final, a bit of a step up from the bench

I'd question why our squad dictates it was left up to him and why he hadn't had suitable game time before then, which leads back to the EDS where at least he would have had some matches, if not the most competitive, under his belt.

The Norwich's & Wigan's at home are his development ground, not Liverpool in a bloody cup semi.

Actually he was on his way out through loan for some reason.

You don't think VK will still be here in five years?

He's still only 25 and most centre-back don't reach their best until they are into their 30s.

Considering his affiliation with the club and the city, I wouldn't be at all surprised if VK is still playing as regularly for City in 2017 as he is now.

And tbf to savic, Vidic was much older as well and was supposed to have a greater pedigree.

To be fair to Savic, the tactics of 3-5-1 in the second leg with him as the middle of the 3 did leave him a little exposed and do his fragile confidence no good. That said, he came in at short notice against Fulham in difficult conditions and did ok. Europa etc would be good to build his confidence - will depend on how seriously Mancini is taking that comp.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

you'd dare drop Vinnie? ;P.

Rekik is a LB isn't he??

Jumanji said:
Rekik is a centre-back.

Really!! Could of sworn I saw him at LB vs Wolves and in pre-season??? Hopefully he's versatile...

To Answer most people's question I wouldn't drop VK for my left nut!!! He is in the top 5 of best Centre Backs in Europe...

Jumanji said:
Rekik is a centre-back.

Really!! Could of sworn I saw him at LB vs Wolves and in pre-season??? Hopefully he's versatile...

To Answer most people's question I wouldn't drop VK for my left nut!!! He is in the top 5 of best Centre Backs in Europe...
Very versatile. He's left footed and can play left-back or in midfield.

He has amazing technique compared to the 'typical English centre-back' and can easily start attacks as he can consistently pick out very good passes.

I've never been so impressed with a young CB before. No wonder the Dutch were outraged when he came here! This kid is the future of Holland and City. If I'm not mistaken, he was the U-17 Holland captain??

You know how composed Balotelli looks when scoring his tap-ins (almost like he teases the keeper for a split second before slotting the ball home)? In a wierd way, Rekik is like this in defence. He never looks frantic, even when I was shitting it watching the game at times. His composure is probably better than most established players.

Oh and he's extremely strong and good in the air! He would win headers from goal kickers and *calmy* head it to the feet of the other players.

I am impressed with Dutch talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.