Reece Wabara post EDS game

JoeMercer'sWay said:
pauljv92 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
he could just do with a couple of games to get his confidence up, playing against weaker opposition and getting a feel for playing over here.

I'd have him and Rekik as our CB's for the Europa League.

Hmmm... Sounds like a good idea but not for the Porto and Porting though. Haha. Those are 2 tough opponents. Would need a Vinnie alongside either one to guide them and cover for them if needed.

i'm not arsed about the europa and certainly don't want any first choice players playing in it.

Okay. We can play one with Kolo then. haha. I think the Europa is a good trophy to win and will improve our UEFA rankings.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
pauljv92 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Savic could do with playing in the EDS with Rekik, imho.

But surely the standard of football is much lower than in the EPL? Savic is a youngster with CL experience and is a regular for his country, so I think he has the experience in general. However, what he still lacks is PL experience (how to handle constant aerial balls in the box well.. etc) and body mass to delay the movement of attackers running at goal, which is critical to buy time and make an interception.

he could just do with a couple of games to get his confidence up, playing against weaker opposition and getting a feel for playing over here.

I agree on Savic playing occasionally (alongside VK or JL) against some of the weaker teams in the Premier League.

And to be fair to the lad, the three league games he's played since Vinnie's suspension started have all been won, whereas the one Kompany played in, we lost.<br /><br />-- 09 Feb 2012, 21:22 --<br /><br />
pauljv92 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
pauljv92 said:
Hmmm... Sounds like a good idea but not for the Porto and Porting though. Haha. Those are 2 tough opponents. Would need a Vinnie alongside either one to guide them and cover for them if needed.

i'm not arsed about the europa and certainly don't want any first choice players playing in it.

Okay. We can play one with Kolo then. haha. I think the Europa is a good trophy to win and will improve our UEFA rankings.

THIS 100%!

Vienna_70 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
pauljv92 said:
But surely the standard of football is much lower than in the EPL? Savic is a youngster with CL experience and is a regular for his country, so I think he has the experience in general. However, what he still lacks is PL experience (how to handle constant aerial balls in the box well.. etc) and body mass to delay the movement of attackers running at goal, which is critical to buy time and make an interception.

I agree on Savic playing occasionally (alongside VK or JL) against some of the weaker teams in the Premier League.

And to be fair to the lad, the three league games he's played since Vinnie's suspension started have all been won, whereas the one Kompany played in, we lost.
ffs, don't be quoting facts!

squirtyflower said:
Vienna_70 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

And to be fair to the lad, the three league games he's played since Vinnie's suspension started have all been won, whereas the one Kompany played in, we lost.

but he single handedly cost us the game at COMS which cost us the league cup.

not to mention he almost single handedly cost us the spurs game.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:

Well, but maybe if we won those 2 games he must have been doing something right? haha. But I agree hes suspect at times. Btw JMW, you still haven't answered by question about Rekik's passing range, mate?

pauljv92 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:

Well, but maybe if we won those 2 games he must have been doing something right? haha. But I agree hes suspect at times. Btw JMW, you still haven't answered by question about Rekik's passing range, mate?

i'd say it was unspectacular, but to be fair the way we played controlling the ball on a difficult pitch meant that it was just passed up to the front trio/quartet who just played with it pretty much.

He can keep the ball well, but I don't see David Luiz in him, not that I really want to, I like the Vinnie steelyness to him.

whilst he was responsible for the pen JMW in no way was he responsible for the poor selection and the lethargic performance from most of the players in the first leg, or the dickhead of a ref that didn't see the johnson assault

squirtyflower said:
whilst he was responsible for the pen JMW in no way was he responsible for the poor selection and the lethargic performance from most of the players in the first leg, or the dickhead of a ref that didn't see the johnson assault

I agree, but that first 15 minutes was the worst individual defensive performance I've seen in a good while, he made Carroll look like a world beater.

let's not forget at Anfield he had to be hauled off such was his terrified way of playing.

If I was being very harsh I could jokingly say that his recent performances would have made him a perfect fit for the non-Rekik defenders today, as they, like Savic, seemed to have forgotten how to defend.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:

I agree, but that first 15 minutes was the worst individual defensive performance I've seen in a good while, he made Carroll look like a world beater.

let's not forget at Anfield he had to be hauled off such was his terrified way of playing.

If I was being very harsh I could jokingly say that his recent performances would have made him a perfect fit for the non-Rekik defenders today, as they, like Savic, seemed to have forgotten how to defend.
i'd agree he was like a rabbit in the headlights, but it was a semi-final, a bit of a step up from the bench

squirtyflower said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
squirtyflower said:

i'd agree he was like a rabbit in the headlights, but it was a semi-final, a bit of a step up from the bench

I'd question why our squad dictates it was left up to him and why he hadn't had suitable game time before then, which leads back to the EDS where at least he would have had some matches, if not the most competitive, under his belt.

The Norwich's & Wigan's at home are his development ground, not Liverpool in a bloody cup semi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.