Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I mean, Aguero put a full set of studs straight into David Luiz's knee at full pelt (probably the worst tackle I've ever seen from a City player) and Fernandinho pushed Fabregas over the advertising boards. Think it's fair enough that they were both sent off.

We were just desperately unlucky in that game and not a lot of it had to do with Taylor. I remember De Bruyne missing an open net from about five yards (which would have made it 2-0 and killed the game) and Otamendi going walkabout for every Chelsea goal.
You don’t think David Luiz should have been sent off? Wow. You don’t think we should have had 2 pens? Wow wow. Cost Ian Cheeseman his job that performance

You don’t think David Luiz should have been sent off? Wow. You don’t think we should have had 2 pens? Wow wow. Cost Ian Cheeseman his job that performance
I wasn't commenting on Taylor's refereeing during other parts of the game, though. I was saying Aguero and Fernandinho both deserved to be sent off specifically for what they did at the end of the match. The original post I quoted implied that Taylor sent Sergio and Fern off under nefarious circumstances but they were two of the most blatant red card offences you'll ever see. Luiz probably should have been sent off earlier in the game and maybe we should have had a couple of penalties - but I was talking specifically about the actions of Aguero and Fernandinho at the end of the game that saw them deservedly red carded.

I wasn't commenting on Taylor's refereeing during other parts of the game, though. I was saying Aguero and Fernandinho both deserved to be sent off specifically for what they did at the end of the match. Luiz probably should have been sent off earlier and maybe we should have had a couple of penalties - but I was talking specifically about the actions of Aguero and Fernandinho at the end of the game.
And I was talking about the bias and ineptitude of Taylor throughout that match, that was fucking appalling, and led to some out of character frustration at the very end of the match. Taylor provided the worst refereeing display I can remember that day, he was awful

And I was talking about the bias and ineptitude of Taylor throughout that match, that was fucking appalling, and led to some out of character frustration at the very end of the match. Taylor provided the worst refereeing display I can remember that day, he was awful
Bias and ineptitude are sort of mutually exclusive when it comes to refereeing, when you think about it.

I wasn't commenting on Taylor's refereeing during other parts of the game, though. I was saying Aguero and Fernandinho both deserved to be sent off specifically for what they did at the end of the match. The original post I quoted implied that Taylor sent Sergio and Fern off under nefarious circumstances but they were two of the most blatant red card offences you'll ever see. Luiz probably should have been sent off earlier in the game and maybe we should have had a couple of penalties - but I was talking specifically about the actions of Aguero and Fernandinho at the end of the game that saw them deservedly red carded.
There was no probably about it Aguero was pulled back when he would have been in the clear for a goal and I am in the North Stand and saw Taylor running towards the incident with his hand going into this back pocket and then suddenly stopped and waved his arms indicating play on. It was the most obvious of many biased decisions that game which made the crowd and city players go absolutely mad resulting in the chaos at the end of the match.

That was the worst consistent officiating I have ever seen at a football match and for a guy who has just been demoted to be awarded this game is a joke

There was no probably about it Aguero was pulled back when he would have been in the clear for a goal and I am in the North Stand and saw Taylor running towards the incident with his hand going into this back pocket and then suddenly stopped and waved his arms indicating play on. It was the most obvious of many biased decisions that game which made the crowd and city players go absolutely mad resulting in the chaos at the end of the match.

That was the worst consistent officiating I have ever seen at a football match and for a guy who has just been demoted to be awarded this game is a joke
He put his whistle to his mouth as well but then realised it would be a red card

He put his whistle to his mouth as well but then realised it would be a red card

If you put all the pieces together of what people on here can clearly recall, he simultaneously put his whistle to his mouth, put his hand in his back pocket, waved play on, put his hand to his ear to take instructions from person unknown and waved away a penalty appeal.

Whatever his faults, it’s seems that multi tasking isn’t one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.