Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

The VAR obviously didn’t think the penalty shout was worth referring back to the ref, or he would have held up play and checked the offside.

Can’t off the top of my head think of anything significant he got wrong.

Also pleased he didn’t add ridiculous amounts of injury time on, as there was no obvious tine wasting, as some seemed to be doing in the lower league games last week.
11 minutes of added time (before the sending off) in a game that had little incident is a sign of things to come. Pain in the arse for night matches particularly. The early leavers are going to really struggle to get their heads around this one. Do you leave at 82 mins like usual or 90 now knowing there will be at least 5 minutes.

So I'd agree Pawson 1 game 5 points

I'll try and do some sort of a running table with 'points' tempered from our comments for all games if I can remember.

They already cheat us now in plain sight, I don't need them to explain verbally how it's city's fault for their decision.
What we need is honest officials who know the rules.
By the way I'd love to hear the dialogue between the ref and var because with honest people it works - every other sport on TV yesterday broadcast the ref/var ( cricket, rugby union and my favourite was rugby league cup final)

Can you imagine the official comms for the Fernandes/Rashford goal decision last season?

“So, how do we give this goal, lads”

“Just give it and will make up a reason later and have Webb say it’ll never happen again”

“Sound plan”

Compare the penalty awarded against us at Arsenal last season,their player has his shot on goal,Ederson stood his ground,Penalty.
Last night Onana completely missed ball,wipes out two players,NoPenalty.
We all know scum get everything at OT but this is beyond embarrassing.

Robert Jones last night gave one of the most insipid displays in recent memory.

If he’s going to let them kick ours with relative impunity he should at least let the players know before kickoff so they can add extra wrapping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.