Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Deal. And if you see one before I see one, let me know so that I can check it out.
Villa v City.
38 mins.
Foul on Rico. Ref waves play on with a hand signal. Bernardo runs into a dead end. Ref calls the game back for the foul. Villa complain.

Another ref where a clear yellow card foul on us is just a foul and no card yet 1st card goes to us for something similar
Mcginns was far worse than either of our yellows… disgraceful one again.

He was utter clueless for both sides the one when bailey rolled off/on the pitch was a clear foul

Not that the referees performance had anything to do with the result

Surprise, surprise - FA and PGMOL find that Hooper's blatant corrupt decision was "human error".

And on the feed we were listening to we heard that Villa players were getting away with fouls and my wife commented - first one we commit, and it will be a booking. Wasn't wrong, was she?

You guys are quite right, it’s. A common theme. The opposition kick lump out of us, no cards then the first foul by us gets a card!! What tends to happen then is that the ref books a couple of then with a few minutes to go ( too late) these evens things up when you look at the overall game.

On the Hooper blatant non advantage, he has got away with it it’s just an error!!! back to normal! its not likely to happen again and City have not made much of a fuss!! The refs will be thinking of a new plan to screw us over!!! Guessing let’s send a few off!!! make it look like we had no choice!! what ever people say VAR should not be as easy to pick on certain teams???

@meltonblue @bluenova @hello

Thanks each of you for highlighting the incident last night. I saw it myself, but was watching on my phone from a B&B in York, so couldn't respond at the time. And after the game, I didn't really have the appetite for a large slice of humble pie.

So, I readily apologise for my intransigence, and for dragging the issue out to such an extent. I humbly admit my mistake, and that you guys were right all along. Thank you for your patience and tolerance.

@meltonblue @bluenova @hello

Thanks each of you for highlighting the incident last night. I saw it myself, but was watching on my phone from a B&B in York, so couldn't respond at the time. And after the game, I didn't really have the appetite for a large slice of humble pie.

So, I readily apologise for my intransigence, and for dragging the issue out to such an extent. I humbly admit my mistake, and that you guys were right all along. Thank you for your patience and tolerance.

Fair play mate and like I said earlier in the thread, pre’97 you’d have been right!

We all agree it was a horrendous decision regardless anyway :)

Mcginns was far worse than either of our yellows… disgraceful one again.

He was utter clueless for both sides the one when bailey rolled off/on the pitch was a clear foul

Not that the referees performance had anything to do with the result
There's the notion of 'game management' which we have shown signs of in the past, but not lately, and there's the new phenomenon of 'game manipulation' whereby some fouls that should be carded are simply arbitrated by the award of a free kick, and then, later on in the game where the original foul is long forgotten a player is yellow carded for a tackle that is run of the mill, a common occurrence in the game, but which is embellished by a player yelling like a stuffed pig and at a rate of decibels that allows the ref to think it's a worse foul than it was, if it was foul in the first place. And so we have a couple of players on yellows and who have to tread, jog and tackle carefully or the second yellow appears and we lose them for the next game. We pick up yellow cards for instances that other teams get away with. Happens every fuckin' game at The Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.