Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

In the derby last week Ederson's challenge on Garnacho, he clearly gets to the ball first and then follows through and could be deemed as fouling him.
Is it not the same with Doku yesterday?

I'm genuinely curious as I don't think I know the rules of football anymore.

All this talk about a penalty for the Dippers in injury time.

I thought the 'penalty' for a high boot was an indirect free kick.

Dermot will be on later Dutch ruddering the scousers and agreeing they were "robbed".

Probably throw in Walker should be red carded as well for having the audacity to hammer Sutcliffe.
He’s on Ref Watch right now dissecting our goal to see if it should have been disallowed for Ake blocking off Mac Allister. He said it is a legitimate goal but even the fact they are discussing it as if it is controversial is laughable.

Anything to keep the dipper clicks flowing.

He’s on Ref Watch right now dissecting our goal to see if it should have been disallowed for Ake blocking off Mac Allister. He said it is a legitimate goal but even the fact they are discussing it as if it is controversial is laughable.

Anything to keep the dipper clicks flowing.
A complete non-issue. Ake just stood his ground.

Like you say, Dipper appeasement.

In the derby last week Ederson's challenge on Garnacho, he clearly gets to the ball first and then follows through and could be deemed as fouling him.
Is it not the same with Doku yesterday?

I'm genuinely curious as I don't think I know the rules of football anymore.
I don’t think anyone knows how the laws of football should be applied. Think back a while to a City Arsenal game where a free kick was given against De Bruyne when an Arsenal defender made a not too dissimilar challenge on him to that made by Ederson yesterday.

So dopey Dermott thinks Liverpool should have had a penalty for Doku's challenge because it would have been easier to give and we'd be talking about it less. You really cannot make it up. Of all the logic to apply for giving a penalty I never saw that coming.

Not sure about never a penalty in a million years, if that happened against city and we didn’t get a penalty then I’d be fuming
50:50 shout for a penalty in my eyes, foot was high but the only force in the contact came from Mac Allister’s momentum. Oliver had a better view of it than any of the camera angles I’ve seen.

Years ago Oliver would have been melting away at Anfield and given the pen. Seems he has made quite some experiences over the years.

Oliver waved several soft fouls away yesterday where I was astonished,
and in that consequence he maybe thought that the Doku impact wasn't enough and also McAllister jumped into Doku's foot being a very smart Argentine football player knowing what to do in such a moment.

Anyway, the penalty could have been given (for Doku's stupidity alone as we say in Germany...) and in that way we can be grateful Oliver had the spine to stand his ground and stuck to his line of reffing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.