Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

He should have sent off Douglas Luiz, but bottled it.
He might have thought the first booking was a tad harsh, which in comparison to some he let go it was.

How he gave that freekick against Grealish was ridiculous, a mistake compounded by then having the temerity to book him for remonstrating. Think Grealish was looking around for the 'You've Been Framed' cameras.

On the first point, I think referees have a difficult job in that respect. We're all aware of tragic instances where players have dropped to the ground and have been seriously ill; imagine the furore if the referee did not show concern and allowed play to continue. I think the responsibility for avoiding that lies with the players. Similarly, their dropping to the ground when a finger/arm brushes their head, as if struck by a haymaker, is poor form.
In between Foden's 2nd and 3rd goals he went on a bit of a mazy run bearing straight towards goal and into the area, it came to nothing as he was crowded out by about 4 defenders, but when he went down he held his face and stayed down.

Dipper England took one look, decided it wasn't a head injury, allowed Villa to break and they had a very good chance as a result (think it was the 3 on 2, but I might be mistaken)

One rule for them, another rule for us.

He's a lemon.

I thought he was atrocious last night, bought every fake injury from them and for their goal missed a blatant foul which gave them the ball and allowed them to break to score, it will get ignored because we won well but i thought he was still crap.
I've stopped calling them out to my few none City friends as they use the 'you won anyway line'.

The few are getting fewer.

Don’t disagree that something could be done, such as keeping the treated player off the park for 3-5 minutes, but then you might have players staying on when actually injured, and that‘s not to be encouraged. Referees get enough stick, much deserved, but ultimately players will always test the laws and, in turn, our patience.
Maybe change the rules so that when a player goes down holding his head & the ref has to stop the game to check on the player, then the clubs physio automatically has to go & check on the player too. This would mean the ‘injured’ player then has to go off the pitch & has to wait to be called back on by the ref like any other time a player needs the physio.
I think this would stop the players faking as much as they do at the moment without any consequences to break up play.
It would also mean genuinely injured players would see the physio on the pitch that much quicker too.
If the players had no choice but to go off the pitch every time, then over time, maybe we would see less players faking head injuries.

I think he was terrible until just after he booked Grealish when the City players had a quiet word with him during a drop ball, after that he was fine.

Thought he had a shit first half, but sending Douglas Luiz off would've been very harsh

Surprised there aren't many calling out the clear foul on Alvarez, seeing as Villa scored straight from it. Is there a time limit for VAR intervention in these cases? By my watch it was less than 20 seconds from foul to goal

He might have thought the first booking was a tad harsh, which in comparison to some he let go it was.

How he gave that freekick against Grealish was ridiculous, a mistake compounded by then having the temerity to book him for remonstrating. Think Grealish was looking around for the 'You've Been Framed' cameras.
If he thought it was too harsh why did he do it? Inconsistency personified

Don’t disagree that something could be done, such as keeping the treated player off the park for 3-5 minutes, but then you might have players staying on when actually injured, and that‘s not to be encouraged. Referees get enough stick, much deserved, but ultimately players will always test the laws and, in turn, our patience.

Never understood why we don't copy rugby and allow physios on while the game is still being played. Instantly stops players going down feigning injuries if they know the game is just going to carry on anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.