Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Very, very soft.

Ball launched in toward a Palace player in the box with Gvardiol behind him. The Palace player makes no attempt to jump and throws himself to the ground as soon as he feels Gvardiol’s hand on him.

VAR reviewed an upheld the referee’s decision, of course.

For me, the Palace player was trying to buy a penalty.
Cheers, just seen the video clip below too. Looks like he almost didn't even wait for the contact and just threw himself to the floor.

He fell over! He fell over! (etc...etc...etc...)

Grudgingly I have to say credit where it’s due, didn’t notice him ergo he had a good game.

The only minor issue I had was the yellow for Gvard for clumsily shoving their player down from behind similar to the way Big Erl is smashed through a million times a game without any sanction for opposition defenders.

Some quick research over the last six matches. Total fouls by us = 35, bookings = 7. Average of one every five fouls. Total fouls awarded for us (bear in mind the three in one against tarquins counts as one) = 80. Total bookings (for fouls not time wasting) = 6. Average of one every 13.3 fouls.
Draw your own conclusions.
Update : Up to the 67th minute, Arsenal have ONE booking in their last 41 fouls. That’s assuming they got a booking with their last foul in the game before they played us.

Thought the yellow was for dissent?
Unless you mean it shouldn't have been given for dissent of course.
I must have missed the dissent, can’t have been that bad…
Still ridiculous, Ayew(?) just barges into Gvardiol and collapses in agony. What’s he supposed to do?
I don’t trust Tierney and it felt like he was setting him up for a 2nd yellow

I must have missed the dissent, can’t have been that bad…
Still ridiculous, Ayew(?) just barges into Gvardiol and collapses in agony. What’s he supposed to do?
I don’t trust Tierney and it felt like he was setting him up for a 2nd yellow

Which I assumed is one of the reasons he was taken off. That and the space Palace were having down that side, of course.

Thought Tierney was OK. Tried to "let the game flow" and, although I always have issues with a referee doing that with two teams playing the way City and Palace do, for example, he didn't let it go too far.

Just watched the Scum v Dippers,the same Anthony Taylor refereed the game completely differently to last week.The first bad challenge was yellow carded and he waved a few throughout the game.McAllister excepted.
Think Howard must have had a word with him after last week's abdication of responsibility to favour the Tarquins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.