Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Can anyone tell me why Hooper gave Forest the ball after Boly seemingly went down with a " head injury " ???? If this is the new way forward then surely just go down holding your head and get possession too!
He gave them the ball and instructed them to give it back to us which they did?

Can anyone tell me why Hooper gave Forest the ball after Boly seemingly went down with a " head injury " ???? If this is the new way forward then surely just go down holding your head and get possession too!

The defending side get it if the last touch was inside the area.

Clearly they just gave it back.

My guess was that Forest were the last ones to touch it before he blew and so technically it was still in their possession even though it had been booted towards City’s end. However, I also noted that after the drop ball they still booted it into our half and returned possession to City and wondered if it was by arrangement.

My guess was that Forest were the last ones to touch it before he blew and so technically it was still in their possession even though it had been booted towards City’s end. However, I also noted that after the drop ball they still booted it into our half and returned possession to City and wondered if it was by arrangement.

If the last touch had been outside of the area, you'd have been right - it would still have been Forest ball where it was last played.

I don't think the ref can instruct anything, but I think the players viewed it a bit like the ball being put out of play, and return it.

If the last touch had been outside of the area, you'd have been right - it would still have been Forest ball where it was last played.

I don't think the ref can instruct anything, but I think the players viewed it a bit like the ball being put out of play, and return it.
Thanks for that but I think the whole thing seemed to confuse everybody especially the players!

At least Forest did not do the sh×thouse trick that happened to them the other week by, guess who. Unusually they were the victims that time. Can you imagine the hoohah now the bubble has burst if that had happened to their opponents that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.