Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Thought he was good bar the obvious non yellow card given for the foul on Bernardo in the first half.

Thought he was ok today, gave the pen correctly, VAR (rags ref from the Wolves game?) didn't help him with the WWE stuff.
Michael Owen and Les Ferdinand saying we should have had a further two penalties for them wrestling Haaland to the ground in the box off the ball. As Pep says we have to win games ourselves, we don't get refereeing gifts like other teams

Carded the wrong player imo. The snide fucker Havertz held on to the ball for a minute (ish) and when he threw it to Tomiyasu, that's when the card was shown.

Plus Exe should have had a pen, or be booked for a dive. Partey was waving the imaginary card in view of the whole world on tv, and the weak Coote did nothing at all.
Exe should have been booked. The PGMOL lot have reverted to type and are no longer following the new guidelines.

Michael Owen and Les Ferdinand saying we should have had a further two penalties for them wrestling Haaland to the ground in the box off the ball. As Pep says we have to win games ourselves, we don't get refereeing gifts like other teams

It was do blatant & yet not a talking point on sky. I couldn’t help but think the ref said something at half time cos Sheff Utd stopped the wrestling.

Last time I’d seen it so blatant was a few years ago v Leicester when we kept getting pens, when they stopped we scored straight from the corner. That is the difference between the laws being applied correctly.

Last edited:
After three league games, there have been 9 bookings against opponents and 1 red card. Our only bookings have been Alvarez and Guardiola.

Thought he was good yesterday.

I like a physical game and we are arguably usually the most physical team in the league. Håland usually bullies his opponents but yesterday was combatted.

We could have had a penalty for one of them but I thought by the LOTG the penalty we did get was extremely harsh so that evened out.

By the Laws of the Game, has he really made his body unnaturally bigger by sliding in and naturally using his arm to balance and the ball hitting him from close range of about two yards away?

By the Laws, I think that’s harsh.

Other than that, he was good. Booked their lad for a poor tackle on Grealish and didn’t do anything controversial. He was mostly in our favour really.

I bet a read on the SheffUtd forums would be very critical of him. I bet they think the awarded penalty was a farce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.