Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Didn’t watch it but I’ve seen stills that show her trailing foot was above the line when the ball was struck, which makes it a legal save.

I've seen that overhead still too - the shot from behind the goal is the one that makes it look like an early jump. The overhead was a surprise to me when I saw it.

Are all sports in England officiated so poorly?

It's at a point (for quite a while now) that I'd trust European refs more than I would English ones. I just assume that English football refs are poor - a mixture of weak character, confused inconsistent intelligence and/or corrupt/biased.

Maybe it's partly because the media and the clubs play a part in ignoring it and/or enabling it.

Maybe (hopefully) it's just football.

It’s strange. If you go on other clubs forums they all slag the refs off and feel that their club is hard done by.
Not a single one thinks that they benefit from refs decisions

It’s strange. If you go on other clubs forums they all slag the refs off and feel that their club is hard done by.
Not a single one thinks that they benefit from refs decisions
Well, we all can’t be right. ;-)

The ref in the City game gave out 6 yellows 4 for touching the opponent and 2 for fouls, the 2 fouls both he was told to by VAR, as the first he ignored like all the others, and the second he signaled for an opposition throw in. The ref was effectively allowing Newcastle to bulldoze their way through the game.

Arsenal’s Tomiyasu given a second yellow card for something that wasn’t even a foul after a first for wasting time on a throw which wasn’t particularly delayed. Whereas studs in the back of the leg are fine apparently
Carded the wrong player imo. The snide fucker Havertz held on to the ball for a minute (ish) and when he threw it to Tomiyasu, that's when the card was shown.

Plus Exe should have had a pen, or be booked for a dive. Partey was waving the imaginary card in view of the whole world on tv, and the weak Coote did nothing at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.