Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Stop being so condescending.
What else is it? There’s no proof of any corruption barring something Mark Halsey has said anecdotally to someone and Mark Clattenburg giving a corner when it should have been a goal kick.

It‘s an emotive yelp that is shouted by fans of all clubs, making it more and more meaningless.

The vast majority of refereeing decisions are subjective and hardly ever 100% either way. When they aren’t 100%, both outcomes will invariably happen at different points in different games.

The refs aren’t robots. The game is ridiculously fast these days. Some decisions will always be best guesses and whilst VAR isn’t used to re-referee, they’ll back up the onfield decision if they can. Whether that’s right or not is another subjective issue. Some want more involvement, some want none.

The PL feel they need to protect the brand, that’s where their officiating employees earn their money.
i feel there's a bit of oh this is chelsea or liverpool arsenal united spurs even city so ill air on causion and go with them as media/press wont examine errors as much as like going against them it's human instinct
plus as fergie said if you want the big games were always in them

What else is it? There’s no proof of any corruption barring something Mark Halsey has said anecdotally to someone and Mark Clattenburg giving a corner when it should have been a goal kick.

It‘s an emotive yelp that is shouted by fans of all clubs, making it more and more meaningless.

The vast majority of refereeing decisions are subjective and hardly ever 100% either way. When they aren’t 100%, both outcomes will invariably happen at different points in different games.

The refs aren’t robots. The game is ridiculously fast these days. Some decisions will always be best guesses and whilst VAR isn’t used to re-referee, they’ll back up the onfield decision if they can. Whether that’s right or not is another subjective issue. Some want more involvement, some want none.
That's just your opinion and I'm not going top criticise it. Doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it though and doesn't mean you're right. All views are welcome, surely (well, with one or two exceptions!)?

That's just your opinion and I'm not going top criticise it. Doesn't mean I necessarily agree with it though and doesn't mean you're right. All views are welcome, surely (well, with one or two exceptions!)?
I agree. I’m not forcing people to accept my opinion and never have. When there is a lack of actual evidence to back a claim up, what else can it be but a gut feeling? That’s all I was saying.

It’s my opinion too. Every supporter thinks there is a conspiracy against their club. Every club gets bad decisions which feeds into their confirmation bias. Referees makes errors and they get influenced by crowds and players at times but that’s all it is.

To suggest that there is an organised conspiracy by referees against Manchester City or anyone else is daft fan talk.

It’s my opinion too. Every supporter thinks there is a conspiracy against their club. Every club gets bad decisions which feeds into their confirmation bias. Referees makes errors and they get influenced by crowds and players at times but that’s all it is.

To suggest that there is an organised conspiracy by referees against Manchester City or anyone else is daft fan talk.
Don't you think decisions like the Rashford offside, that resulted in a goal, around a year ago, deserve a proper explanation? Until they are explained, fans will continue to be suspicious.

Liverpool fans might have felt aggrieved following the incident earlier this season, but they released the recording that showed it was just a monumental cock up.

Godfrey (twice) was down for about 5 minutes on his own second half, it was clearly a concussion, that's not "play acting". He threw up twice at least, once all over one of the physio's bag, and when eventually subbed he walked round the touchline like he was drunk, personally I hope he's ok
Thanks for clearing this up. I had no idea what was wrong with the lad, and he is a player I irrationally dislike..I wrongly thought he was play acting ..

Watching on the box ,I could not understand why the cameras didn't focus on the incident much and switched to the City bench where our subs were instructed to get ready to come on..

Now you have explained that the player threw up all over the physios bag,it's obvious why discretion was exercised ..

What I don't understand,as another poster has said, was why Everton FC allowed the player to continue playing if it was down to concussion..before he again went to ground. He didn't look good at all when when walking round the peremiter of the pitch ...where was the stretcher ?
So many things happen on the pitch these days in a game which is played at 100 mph ,it's hard to keep up with what s going on.
I too hope the lad is alright.

What I don't understand,as another poster has said, was why Everton FC allowed the player to continue playing if it was down to concussion
I suspect after the first treatment he was given the OK, but he became unsteady on his feet, then went down on his knee's and was sick, that's when they came on the second time.

Initially (and I thought the same as you) they seemed to be treating him for a neck injury, so perhaps didn't check for concussion.

I've no idea what caused it either, but Ake was in a bit of shoving and pushing with a couple of everton players while he was treated, which the referee had to intervene in briefly.

20231203_195822.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.