Ref Watch

I've not watched any of today, but reading what I have on here and elsewhere, this will be the death knell with football for me.

They've somehow introduced a new level of giving certain clubs an advantage against other clubs, it's clear as day, they're not even trying to hide it.

It wouldn't matter how brilliant (or not) Newcastle were today, they were never winning.

The reason it appears to be in front of the Newcastle foot is because they're saying that the defender's foot is off the ground and they have therefore had to extrapolate down to the surface. Not saying I agree with the line, just explaining why it looks to be in front of his foot.

All that guess work followed by mm accuracy, is absolutely bollocks, and anybody with an ounce of sense realises this.

Sorry but no. Rashford goal was very publicly announced as VAR using new tolerance rules, hence why they have it.

I’ve seen countless goals more onside than that one chalked off since and never have I heard any mention of the same tolerance rule being used or applied.

Until today that is when I read you mentioning it, hence why I told you to stop gaslighting like the media do.

I don’t really watch that many live games on television and virtually never United games, so I don’t really know have much attention commentators pay to it.

My only intended contribution to this discussion was to inform the guy who asked, why there would only be one line when there’s normally two.

The reason it appears to be in front of the Newcastle foot is because they're saying that the defender's foot is off the ground and they have therefore had to extrapolate down to the surface. Not saying I agree with the line, just explaining why it looks to be in front of his foot.

All that guess work followed by mm accuracy, is absolutely bollocks, and anybody with an ounce of sense realises this.
But there are green pixels indicating the pitch between the so called vertical line and the front of the Newcastle foot are there not?

I've not watched any of today, but reading what I have on here and elsewhere, this will be the death knell with football for me.

They've somehow introduced a new level of giving certain clubs an advantage against other clubs, it's clear as day, they're not even trying to hide it.

It wouldn't matter how brilliant (or not) Newcastle were today, they were never winning.

It’s always been there but there’s no excuse any more. It’s why I’m a fan of VAR, not because it’s improved the game but it shows the corruption more clearly.

It’s always been there but there’s no excuse any more. It’s why I’m a fan of VAR, not because it’s improved the game but it shows the corruption more clearly.
That's not the greatest endorsment, given that it was meant to make things better, for me it's clearly given the corruption another level.

Shit, yeah, I see what you mean now :) Hadn't noticed that mate, but to be fair there are neon green dots all over that image.

Who fucking knows then?!?!
I do believe that is the vertical line as drawn by the VAR officials ? It just doesn't show that well when I took the picture of my TV screen.

I can add the line appeared for only a few seconds after quite a long period of time. Weirdly.

Pgmol don’t announce much publicly, apart from appointments. And certainly not every time a goal is awarded due to the tolerance level being applied.

And you didn’t say you hadn’t heard of it. You said it hadn’t happened and I was gaslighting for simply pointing out that it has, numerous times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.