Ref Watch

Have PiGMOL set up a new rule that should a player score from a deflection it's called the Rashford goal?

If that's the case then Julien gets his second goal at Bournemouth credited to him.

Why on earth are you trying to pin that on PGMOL?

It's not a reffing matter as to a goal is reassigned to some time after the match by the competition organisers.

The offside would not have been on Shaw the ball never made it that far,

It was on Casemiro who looked just off to me, my point is that it is one of these off’s which VAR gives and we have come accustomed to.

The fact they showed one line shows that it was within the tolerance, so such fractionally off that they no longer give it after feedback from how these couple of cm offside was not what was wanted.

I’m ok with that as a concept, in fact I prefer it.

However, I’m not convinced we or Newcastle in that situation get the tolerance and instead would have the 2 lines and it be off.

To answer is it bent? A lot of evidence since the WC is indicating that for me.

Shaw was preventing the defenders behind him from playing the ball, was he not? Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

Shaw was preventing the defenders behind him from playing the ball, was he not? Isn't that how it is supposed to work?

Only if they had any chance of getting to the ball. None of the people behind Casemiro could have got anywhere near it after it was headed.
Certainly one player was in an offside position, but I thought it was Weghorst - I thought Shaw took the freekick,

Why on earth are you trying to pin that on PGMOL?

It's not a reffing matter as to a goal is reassigned to some time after the match by the competition organisers.
I'm certain Hooooolihaaaaaan's goal was switched mid-match. But it might have been the BBC putting pressure on the bunch who steal goals and give 'em as oggies.

Forget Shaw, Casimero is off side.

The lines and dotted fucking line is an absolute joke.

Your own eyes can see he is offside!

Wait a minute , if the players leg is in the air and not on the ground he is not playing a geordie on ? You can see where his foot is going to land unless he turns in mid air and goes the other way which is not humanly possible

Pigmol have gone mad , bent , abusers of the game

You're offside when the ball leaves the passers foot, not when it arrives.
Shaw was offside when the cross was delivered, how is the defence to know which player it ends up with?
Did the laws get changed? cos thats how offside has worked as long as I can remember?

If the laws have changed then basically multiple players can stand in offside positions drawing defenders and making space for late runners. How do you defend the line these days?

Might as well abolish offside alltogether.
I have said on a few occasions that it's all bollocks. All that's necessary is to use a player's feet. If the attacking players foot is in front of the defenders he is offside. If not he is on side. Whether he leans forward shouldn't come into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.