Ref Watch

Only if they had any chance of getting to the ball. None of the people behind Casemiro could have got anywhere near it after it was headed.
Certainly one player was in an offside position, but I thought it was Weghorst - I thought Shaw took the freekick,
Didn't watch it, just reacting to the chat and the image. My point was more that if the guy who was definitely was off-side wasn't there, the defenders could have put Casemiro under pressure.

Anyway. Whatever. We can analyse to our heart's content, they will do what they want and justify in three different ways anyway.

I have said on a few occasions that it's all bollocks. All that's necessary is to use a player's feet. If the attacking players foot is in front of the defenders he is offside. If not he is on side. Whether he leans forward shouldn't come into it.

Neither should his running pattern.

I have said on a few occasions that it's all bollocks. All that's necessary is to use a player's feet. If the attacking players foot is in front of the defenders he is offside. If not he is on side. Whether he leans forward shouldn't come into it.

Before the arrival of VAR off side was given when the attackers shirt was in front of the defenders. All the new rules have done is complicate things to the point of stupidity.

When the 'not interfering' rule was brought in, the attacker basically had to be walking away from goal with his hand up to prove he was not part of the move.

Since then we've had First Phase, Second Phase, VAR, keep flag down until ball is touched, no offsides after Lent, every bit of nonsense you can possibly imagine.

Football fans are not stupid, they know when a player is involved with the game and when they're not.

The rule needs to go back to what it was. If you're an attacking player trying to attack then you're interfering with play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.