Ref Watch

Overall, I thought the same. There were some weird things, though. Play stopping for Joelinton holding his foot - when did that become a thing. Not stopping play after a nasty-looking collision. Then booking Ake for it. Blowing his whistle at Ederson when two up.

Btw, I thought you couldn't give a yellow card if you played advantage? Not sure why not, in all honesty, but isn't that the rule?
No

You can play advantage & then go back for a caution. However, every training course I have ever been on, they tell you that you should not play advantage on any yellow or red card offences

The ref yesterday did the classic reffing when you are not fit enough. He only ever went about 5 yards either side of the half way line. Also, how can you forget your whistle & have to get one from the 4th official. Laughable
@richardtheref Your last line, is that what happened?
I was sat there waiting for kick off and wondering why he went to the touchline. If I was asked to name 20 reasons why he did it, forgetting your whistle is not one I would have said.
It also shows how unprofessional they are.

T
Overall, I thought the same. There were some weird things, though. Play stopping for Joelinton holding his foot - when did that become a thing. Not stopping play after a nasty-looking collision. Then booking Ake for it. Blowing his whistle at Ederson when two up.

Btw, I thought you couldn't give a yellow card if you played advantage? Not sure why not, in all honesty, but isn't that the rule?
Think if it’s a reckless foul then a yellow card can be given unless of course it’s us i.e. Kalvin’s yellow against Bournemouth after the advantage was played.

I think current direction is if the booking would have been for stopping a promising attack, then you can't go back to book someone.

If the booking was for a reckless challenge or such like, you can go back.

Nice to contrast Ake's booking with Shaw's nowhere near the ball tackle then piling his knees into the players back whilst he is down, got a particularly stiff talking to. I understand that in a big competitive game, tackles will go in from both sides, but petulance cos you are getting tonked should not be accepted.

That's it in a nutshell. While it's only 1-0 the shitehouse tactics will continue. They need to get a grip of it because fans are getting fed up paying to watch shit like this. Something else I noticed yesterday was there was a real heads collision between Ake and one of theirs which SHOULD have resulted in a stoppage. However Newcastle were attacking and the ref allowed play to continue until they missed the chance. Only then did he call on the trainers.
Yet he stop the game on 2 other occasions, for non head injuries

I think current direction is if the booking would have been for stopping a promising attack, then you can't go back to book someone.

If the booking was for a reckless challenge or such like, you can go back.
Only for a red card, the theory being if the red was administered at the correct time then the player couldn't be involved in any play, by allowing play to continue the red-card offender could have a significant affect

Only for a red card, the theory being if the red was administered at the correct time then the player couldn't be involved in any play, by allowing play to continue the red-card offender could have a significant affect

A red card event (including 2nd yellow, I assume) is when advantage is not advised due to those complications;- see second paragraph below for an option if he does.
A red card for DOGSO is commuted to yellow.

From Law 12:
Advantage
If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/ sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/ sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.
Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play, violent conduct or a second cautionable offence unless there is a clear opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player when the ball is next out of play, but if the player plays the ball or challenges/interferes with an opponent, the referee will stop play, send off the player and restart with an indirect free kick, unless the player committed a more serious offence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.