Ref Watch

@richardtheref Your last line, is that what happened?
I was sat there waiting for kick off and wondering why he went to the touchline. If I was asked to name 20 reasons why he did it, forgetting your whistle is not one I would have said.
It also shows how unprofessional they are.
Watched it on BT and he went over to the 4th official who definitely handed him a whistle.

Watched it on BT and he went over to the 4th official who definitely handed him a whistle.
As you said in your original post, it's the one thing you simply don't forget......
Shambolic and Unprofessional but sadly, it's the standard we've come to accept. (Not a typo, not expect, accept)

It certainly looked that way, though they were fairy covert about the way they did it. We didn’t see exactly what was handed over as it was transferred by sliding one hand over the other and then Hooper put his hand in his pocket before attaching the whistle to his wrist.

During the first half I wondered whether he had forgotten his cards as well.

Last edited:
Overall, I thought the same. There were some weird things, though. Play stopping for Joelinton holding his foot - when did that become a thing. Not stopping play after a nasty-looking collision. Then booking Ake for it. Blowing his whistle at Ederson when two up.

Btw, I thought you couldn't give a yellow card if you played advantage? Not sure why not, in all honesty, but isn't that the rule?
From the laws of the game...

Advantage

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.

Disgraceful performance by Andy Madley today.
How United kept all 11 on the field is bewildering enough but how Fernandes avoided even a yellow is just as bad as it gets.
It's not bewildering. They need 11 v 11 to keep Sky happy. Its why Milner never got sent off v us.
It was 7 nowt, can you imagine the score if Madely had done his job ? Infringements are ignored for the sake of 'the product' and that's corruption, plain and simple.

The 2 arse cheeks kicked fuck oot of each other today.

McTossery & RatFace should both have been sent orff and Ratty should get a 3 month ban for pushing the official.

On the same ground agin the same opposition City have a goal corruptly disallowed cos Erling leant on a a scouser !!

Clear & Organised in plain sight !!

Seems var doesn’t get involved anymore after the new directive from Web the red! Wasn’t it I want referees to make the decisions on the pitch meaning soft arse apathy referees do nought! But when city player does anything the bloke on Var will tell the referee! Do you really think a city player would of got away with pushing a referee!!?

Seems var doesn’t get involved anymore after the new directive from Web the red! Wasn’t it I want referees to make the decisions on the pitch meaning soft arse apathy referees do nought! But when city player does anything the bloke on Var will tell the referee! Do you really think a city player would have got away with pushing a referee!!?
I remember aguero got reminded off the FA about his behaviour when he put his arm around Sian Massey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.