Ref Watch

Fuck all in there that says 30 seconds for stoppages, subs or owt else.

Keep digging mate
Old article now, but see below, direct from PGMO (now PGMOL):

Is 30 seconds added on for each substitution?

As a rule of thumb, yes. But if a player is doddering, meandering, then extra time can be added. And it's the same for red cards, yellow cards as well.

Is the clock stopped for goals?

No, it's not. But they do add time (to cover celebrations). It's around 30 seconds as a rule of thumb, unless they spend five minutes celebrating. Every situation is different, they'll take each one on its merit.”

As a rule of thumb, yes. But if a player is doddering, meandering, then extra time can be added. And it's the same for red cards, yellow cards as well.

No, it's not. But they do add time (to cover celebrations). It's around 30 seconds as a rule of thumb, unless they spend five minutes celebrating. Every situation is different, they'll take each one on its merit.”
I think what irks most people is that these rules are never applied consistently.

He has literally quoted you the match rules for the PL (linked below) and you’ve responded with a decade old Q&A before the introduction of a number of new rules, including 5 subs.

There was a maximum of 5.5 minutes to add on. Hooper nearly doubled the legitimate stoppage time for no apparent reason.

As I said, I don’t think you are showing up my lack of knowledge of injury time rules…

I think what irks most people is that these rules are never applied consistently.

Sure, and it’s a legitimate complaint not helped by PGMOL falling back on ‘best practices’ rather than being transparent.

I also think it’s a pretty sad state of affairs that Sky’s schedules were deemed of more importance than the customer and implementing the stoppage time setup used at the World Cup, which worked well and helps stop the nonsense ‘tactical treatment’ that has been prolific this season.

For what it’s worth, Brentford and Brighton are both right at the top of goals scored in stoppage time this season, and I don’t think any of us think there is a wide conspiracy to help them out.

Correct, as they aren’t actually rules, they’re general precedents. There is no defined time allotments in the rules.

And I think there is enough evidence to show this is intentional. Nearly every other major Sport uses a stop clock to reduce—as much as is possible—wasted time (either intentional or not).

But football persists with an elapsed clock and largely arbitrary added time keeping system, which allows for all manner of manipulation.

This is not a bug, it is a feature, in the same way the handball rules have been written so nearly any decision can be explained away, no matter how inconsistent.

It is protected opportunity to attempt to influence match outcomes when possible.

That poster will say Arsenal could have gotten three penalties at the end. But none of them could be given because that would be far too obvious (they were all clear dives). So extra time was added on (and more time yet added on to it) in the hopes Arsenal could snatch a winner.

It’s not even a strategy that is nonsensical. Of course the league would want Arsenal to win it this season. They want any of the other top six clubs apart from us to win it. They want a new champion and a new rivalry. Our dominance has had its benefits but prolonged dominance at this point is becoming detrimental to their long term mission.

Call it a conspiracy theory if you want, but there is plentiful evidence of this intention and concern throughout their own statements, as well as very dubious officiating throughout this season.

I do think it would be a progressive move to make games 60 minutes long, on a stopped clock, and think it will actually happen in the foreseeable future.

Would be a disadvantage to the way Pep plays as regardless of time wasting we do have the largest amount of time in play.

I think we are on for WC type stoppage time, would be good to have some kind of transparency on it all.

Would be a disadvantage to the way Pep plays as regardless of time wasting we do have the largest amount of time in play.

I think we are on for WC type stoppage time, would be good to have some kind of transparency on it all.
Not seen the stats, but do we average more than 60 minutes in play? Surprised if that’s the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.