Ref Watch

Not seen the stats, but do we average more than 60 minutes in play? Surprised if that’s the case.

It’s too late to start searching for up to date stats now but I remember a table from a couple of years ago and it had City’s games as the second most minutes in play at an average of fractionally shy of 59 minutes. Can’t remember who was top. Possibly Chelsea.

Not seen the stats, but do we average more than 60 minutes in play? Surprised if that’s the case.
It’s too late to start searching for up to date stats now but I remember a table from a couple of years ago and it had City’s games as the second most minutes in play at an average of fractionally shy of 59 minutes. Can’t remember who was top. Possibly Chelsea.
As of January, Opta had the average minutes the ball was in play in the Premier League stood at 54 minutes and 53 seconds, a 12 year low for the league.

“There have also been three matches so far in the 2022-23 campaign where the figure is 45 minutes or less.”

There was some talk a couple of years ago that David Ellery was leading a FIFA panel who were seriously looking into the possibility of introducing a stop clock. It was mentioned a possible trial at a youth tournament was being considered.

Not heard it mentioned since though.

I’d certainly be in favour. You can argue about the actual time it should be. But as a principle I can’t see any negatives.

There was some talk a couple of years ago that David Ellery was leading a FIFA panel who were seriously looking into the possibility of introducing a stop clock. It was mentioned a possible trial at a youth tournament was being considered.

Not heard it mentioned since though.

I’d certainly be in favour. You can argue about the actual time it should be. But as a principle I can’t see any negatives.
I have advocated for it for some time and have even tested in matches at youth level and it worked quite well — almost no moans about the proper amount of time added and everyone knew how much time was left as the game wound down. In fact, the common feedback was that it made things less confusing and more suspenseful as the clock ran down at the end.

The only real negatives are those I have mentioned about it giving less discretion to officials. It would actually be less work for the referee as the time keeping, fully transparent and shown in the stadiums and on broadcast feeds, could be undertaken by an independent official, perhaps even the 4th official via watch synced with the system.

The added time might be justified but we don’t get this justified added time or maybe we not behind as much

Not something I really pay too much notice to because the vast majority of time we’re ahead on 90 minutes and don’t want the extra time.

But the last time we weren’t leading at home on 90 minutes was against Everton and we were given as much additional time as Arsenal were last night. Although that might have been the game where they were fucking about with the linesman’s comms. for what seemed like an age, so that would part explain that.

Not something I really pay too much notice to because the vast majority of time we’re ahead on 90 minutes and don’t want the extra time.

But the last time we weren’t leading at home on 90 minutes was against Everton and we were given as much additional time as Arsenal were last night. Although that might have been the game where they were fucking about with the linesman’s comms. for what seemed like an age, so that would part explain that.

Do you not remember how many times the physio was on the pitch for the Everton players? More importantly than the time was rhythm being broken up, it’s worth doing even if the time is added on.

Saw one not too long ago but struggling to find now. It must be our periods of possession, but we where top and the average was nearly 7-8 minutes huggers then the lowest teams average.

Be one of the details the club uses.

We do also come up against GK taking an age to kick the ball and immune to a first half booking (that is only reserved for Ederson), so I can understand your surprise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.