Ref Watch

I dont want to really keep explaining about Shielding and Playing Distance, but the interpretation last evening was based on Law 12.
that has nothing to do with what happened last night, if you think shielding means sticking a leg between kevs legs(he actually get kevs standing foot)

shielding means getting the body in front of the ball,partey didn't he basically stopped kev kicking the ball

The problem is that KDB has many superpowers including seeing into the future.
He knew Partey was going to be an arse all night long so kicked him early doors. - I think that's how the VAR clowns saw it.

Also he didn't get to the so-called playing distance first. Look again KDB has his right leg their first and Partey then lunges in.
Exactly. Kev's already locked and loaded. It's his ball to play. He's the only one interested in the ball. Partey makes no attempt to play it. Anywhere else on the pitch it's a free kick and a yellow, if it's breaking up an attack.

Exactly. Kev's already locked and loaded. It's his ball to play. He's the only one interested in the ball. Partey makes no attempt to play it. Anywhere else on the pitch it's a free kick and a yellow, if it's breaking up an attack.
Yeah but it was too early to give, it would’ve been unfair to Arsenal…

Because Partey got to the playing distance first! It's as simple as that. However obstructive it may look, and as much of a foul it may instinctively feel, the Laws and their interpretation mean that Partey can legally occupy that space immediately in front of the ball before KDB arrives milliseconds later. If the ball was not so close to Partey's foot when he plants it down then I agree it's a penalty. However based on the TV angle from behind the keeper, you can see why VAR agreed with Oliver.

Remember, the laws are not foolproof as Rashford proved at the Swamp, and sadly can be very subjective in their interpretation!
He kicked kdb you fool

Oliver for the final
Can't as he has already reffed an FA Cup final
It is a nailed on penalty.

Any of our players doing what Partey did to one of theirs anywhere on pitch would be given as foul (as it should).

That is running in, perpendicular to the attacking players movement, to block their leg to prevent a run/shot, with no intention to play the ball (only Ramsdale and Kev were even in a position to do that), which is always a foul.

He actually takes Kev out at the legs and people are arguing that Kev fouled Partey.

It’s laughable.

IMG-3433.gif
And yet you ues replays that show Kev kicks him. Partey is merely defending, the only time he did last night

"Not enough in that" I kept hearing the female commentator on BT saying and pretty sure have heard her saying it many times before in matches where decisions have not went city's way. Must be her go to phrase for glossing over city injustices.

Regards the penalty shout, Partey clearly isn't playing the ball but is he allowed shield it for the keeper? To me though, he lunges towards KDB so I'm inclined to think excessive and therefore penalty.

I thought Oliver was very one sided. Amazing to think Arsenal had only 1 booking and this for when Partey lost his rag with Grealish
As you say in this instance he is allowed to shield the ball. No different to the player who shields the ball out of play without attempting to actually play the ball

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.