Ref Watch

Absolute nonsense mate.Clear penalty all day. Even the Arsenal fans thought so.
Neither the Arsenal fans, you, nor I where refereeing and the penalty was not awarded for the reasons I have stated. The laws of the game can be subjective on shielding and fighting for your space, but both Oliver on the field, and the VAR official decided that Partey had won the space and KDB kicked him, and ultimately they are far more experienced than anyone playing or watching last night.

Neither the Arsenal fans, you, nor I where refereeing and the penalty was not awarded for the reasons I have stated. The laws of the game can be subjective on shielding and fighting for your space, but both Oliver on the field, and the VAR official decided that Partey had won the space and KDB kicked him, and ultimately they are far more experienced than anyone playing or watching last night.
Oliver had an absolute shocker last night mate and Var generally backs the refs decision on that sort of incident.

I dont want to really keep explaining about Shielding and Playing Distance, but the interpretation last evening was based on Law 12.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230427_173955_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230427_173955_Chrome.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 68
Wow, having seen it a second time, I really don't see how anyone can defend Oliver in this situation. No contact with ball, he clearly and intentionally plays Kevin and fouls him. Doesn't matter whether he was trying to block or shield Kevin from the ball. There's no rule saying that you can foul someone as long as you're trying to block them. That's a pen.

As already said, you’re seeing it in slow-motion from the correct angle - Oliver sees it once, at full speed from a completely separate angle and so only sees De Bruyne kick the back of Partey’s leg.

Im no fan of the guy and think it’s crazy that he’s the best we have, but on this decision alone he’s pretty blameless.

I can understand the ref not being sure enough to give it however for VAR not to advise the ref to go look at it...

As Oliver has clearly seen the incident, albeit likely from a bad angle, Coote would need balls of stone to overrule his boss’s directives and recommend Oliver take another look…..and from past experience everyone knows Coote is a coward of a ref.

How the fuck is that any different to a keeper diving in and taking a players leg out as he's about to pull the trigger?
Because Partey got to the playing distance first! It's as simple as that. However obstructive it may look, and as much of a foul it may instinctively feel, the Laws and their interpretation mean that Partey can legally occupy that space immediately in front of the ball before KDB arrives milliseconds later. If the ball was not so close to Partey's foot when he plants it down then I agree it's a penalty. However based on the TV angle from behind the keeper, you can see why VAR agreed with Oliver.

Remember, the laws are not foolproof as Rashford proved at the Swamp, and sadly can be very subjective in their interpretation!

Because Partey got to the playing distance first! It's as simple as that. However obstructive it may look, and as much of a foul it may instinctively feel, the Laws and their interpretation mean that Partey can legally occupy that space immediately in front of the ball before KDB arrives milliseconds later. If the ball was not so close to Partey's foot when he plants it down then I agree it's a penalty. However based on the TV angle from behind the keeper, you can see why VAR agreed with Oliver.

Remember, the laws are not foolproof as Rashford proved at the Swamp, and sadly can be very subjective in their interpretation!
No he can't occupy a space, just because hes trying to block an attacking player, it's called a trip and it's a foul. If you don't play the ball and you play the man it's a foul all day everyday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.