Ref Watch

Dermot Gallagher saying Klopp's reaction was dealt with via the yellow card and that's that.

Forgot retrospective action was removed by the FA...

Typical Dermot bailing out Klopp yellow card is fine that ends it! But he has history of this so they should take that into account..

Klopp accusing a referee of bias but these clowns give him a free pass. No way klopp gets out of this without a ban

I rarely say anything good about refereeing of our games, but Hooper was bordering on reasonable, at least he didn't seem to be trying too hard for PiGMOL/PL today.

I thought the penalty was a bit soft, Alvarez made it more than it was, but 90% would be given, and VAR couldn't possibly over turn it.
I was very surprised by him and Madeley.

I was convinced after Eddie's walkabout they'd award a penalty and Eddie being booked because the opportunity was there.

Hooper was very patient with Jack and Tete. Others would have sent them off.

I really dislike the directive from Webb to allow more of the incidental conact fouls to go unchecked. Teams are using it to target certain individuals such as how Fulham did to Grealish yesterday. While at Villa he was the most fouled player in the league but I doubt that stat has carried over now he's wearing a blue shirt. He does however need to keep a lid on his obvious frustration when whichever whistling wanker is not offering him any protection. Could've easily received a 2nd yellow for that sarcastic clapping when Hooper eventually awarded him a free-kick especially as he'd already shown a bit of dissent on an earlier one that wasn't given.

Totally agree. Teams systematically leave something on Grealish at every opportunity and it goes completely without any action from the referee. The ref doesn’t need to give a foul at every action but a quick word that it’s been noted and won’t be tolerated going forward would suffice.
Tete was a **** yesterday kicking and pushing Jack without any attempt or hope of getting the ball from him.

Totally agree. Teams systematically leave something on Grealish at every opportunity and it goes completely without any action from the referee. The ref doesn’t need to give a foul at every action but a quick word that it’s been noted and won’t be tolerated going forward would suffice.
Tete was a **** yesterday kicking and pushing Jack without any attempt or hope of getting the ball from him.
At one point Jack passed the ball and was then shoved in the back. No foul given as we had (cough) advantage. It was done to wind Grealush up and it happens all game. OK he was lucky the ref didn't book him for the sarcastic clap but he is targeted every game with that kind of foul.

Sky will ditch Dermot Gallagher soon, he's far too much in the pocket of Pgmol and offers no insights whatsoever, any non football person off the street could do a similar job.

On reflection I thought the ref was ok yesterday, although inside the ground it felt different (it always does, particularly with the usual non protection for Jack). He gave our pen, didn’t give either of their 2 appeals (all of which were correct but if he’d been bent he would have gone the other way) and he allowed play to flow in the centre circle for our second. I’ll take that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.