Ref Watch

Missed one def penalty I’m afraid which spoilt his otherwise decent performance.

VAR has to start telling refs they have missed a foul in the box rather than just rubber stamping the mistake.
Only a select few teams get refs backpedaling on mistakes after a word from the VAR Death Star control room

This is how we get refereed regarding pens don’t blow for a pen let var have a look but with the new directive that there should be enough evidence to give a pen the referee never give if will never get overturned! Now go to the Liverpool game referee Attwell couldn’t wait to blow for a pen when a player dived!

Oh apart from the pens that never got given thought he was a decent referee..

Pens aside I didn't really notice him. Decent enough for me.
I noticed the bastard. He was a fuckin' cheat! The canute didn't exercise the same authority as Super Hooper did on Sunday when the latter got the cards out for timewasting. Fabianski should have been carded inside ten minutes along with the guy who took a fortnight over a throw-in part way through the first half. Oh, wait a minute, I've got me teams mixed up here, it was us that got fucked over for time wasting. Wonder why every opposition team who is on a whipping the more playing time City have at The Etihad never get cautioned for blatantly dribbling away what we've paid good money for. He's a cheat 'cos he isn't applying the written LotG! And don't get me started on why we didn't get a pen when Our Viking nigh had his arm pulled out of its socket when he accessed the West Ham area in the first half! Fuckin' cheating. And we'll have another whistling wanker on Saturday, hand-picked by BFS who will have his own personalised LotG.

This is how we get refereed regarding pens don’t blow for a pen let var have a look but with the new directive that there should be enough evidence to give a pen the referee never give if will never get overturned! Now go to the Liverpool game referee Attwell couldn’t wait to blow for a pen when a player dived!

Oh apart from the pens that never got given thought he was a decent referee..
Exactly this.

I don’t remember the incident you’re talking about but if a player commits a foul off the field, it’s still a foul and a free kick at the nearest point on the field.
I can't remember the exact details last night, but:

If the ball is out of play, then he could book Walker, but pretty sure the ref can't give a foul. It would have been a goalkick/corner.

if the ball is in play, but the foul is off the field, then the ref can give a foul.

I still have no idea how someone can argue this isn’t a penalty.

He only (barely) touches the ball after absolutely clattering both of Haaland’s legs.

He does get enough on the ball to move it away from Haaland's path - so for me that part is reasonable - whether it's before or after the contact with Haaland is tricky to see.

I'd say clear penalty because of the ridiculousness of the challenge - on another part of the pitch it wouldn't surprise me to see that given as a foul, no matter how much earlier the player got the ball, because it's wrapping legs around, which can be dangerous.

But if the ref hasn't given it and said it's because the defender gets to the ball first, then I don't think VAR can give him an angle which clearly says it was man before ball.

He does get enough on the ball to move it away from Haaland's path - so for me that part is reasonable - whether it's before or after the contact with Haaland is tricky to see.

I'd say clear penalty because of the ridiculousness of the challenge - on another part of the pitch it wouldn't surprise me to see that given as a foul, no matter how much earlier the player got the ball, because it's wrapping legs around, which can be dangerous.

But if the ref hasn't given it and said it's because the defender gets to the ball first, then I don't think VAR can give him an angle which clearly says it was man before ball.
There are two angles (from the front and the back) that clearly shows Kehrer kicks Haaland’s foot out of the way before faintly touching the ball (whilst simultaneously taking out Haaland’s other leg).

If “gaining playing distance” means that kicking a player to get the ball is a foul (a la the “foul” Kev supposedly committed on Partey), then this is a nailed on penalty. Haaland also regains possession of the ball, even after Kehrer just touched it away, if Kehrer hadn’t scythed him down from behind.

But we all know they just make up their reasoning as they go along.

There are two angles (from the front and the back) that clearly shows Kehrer kicks Haaland’s foot out of the way before faintly touching the ball (whilst simultaneously taking out Haaland’s other leg).

If “gaining playing distance” means that kicking a player to get the ball is a foul (a la the “foul” Kev supposedly committed on Partey), then this is a nailed on penalty. Haaland also regains possession of the ball, even after Kehrer just touched it away, if Kehrer hadn’t scythed him down from behind.

But we all know they just make up their reasoning as they go along.
I would give a penalty, but I've watched that clip a dozen times, and I can't see that it's clear he didn't get the ball fractionally before.

It's also not a faint touch - in terms of penalties we've seen not given for "touches" that's clearly playing the ball. I hate it when they go on about touches that do nothing to move the ball away from the attacker, but that's a good contact for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.