Ref Watch

I would give a penalty, but I've watched that clip a dozen times, and I can't see that it's clear he didn't get the ball fractionally before.

It's also not a faint touch - in terms of penalties we've seen not given for "touches" that's clearly playing the ball. I hate it when they go on about touches that do nothing to move the ball away from the attacker, but that's a good contact for me.
The slow motion angle from behind makes it pretty clear Kehrer kicks Haaland’s foot before making any contact with the ball.

By the way, the commentators in the video I posted are saying they think it is a penalty.

The slow motion angle from behind makes it pretty clear Kehrer kicks Haaland’s foot before making any contact with the ball.

By the way, the commentators in the video I posted are saying they think it is a penalty.
I still don't see that as clearly ball before man - it's so tight.

I agree with the commentators - but I think it's one where it goes with the onfield decision, and given the ball was clearly diverted, at full speed, seen once, I can see why the ref might give it.

And on a side note, given there's been a lot of comparison with last night's dive from Nunez, we've had 9 penalties in the league this season, compared to just 4 for Liverpool. (The count in all competitions is 17 to 6).

I can't remember the exact details last night, but:

If the ball is out of play, then he could book Walker, but pretty sure the ref can't give a foul. It would have been a goalkick/corner.

if the ball is in play, but the foul is off the field, then the ref can give a foul.

Sorry, I didn’t read your post properly before I replied. I thought you were saying the foul was off the field but the ball still in play.

You’re right, he can’t give a foul that’s committed after the ball is dead. Totally guessing because I’ve no recollection of the incident. But from what you’ve described it sounds most likely that he’s decided the foul, at least started, before the ball had gone dead.

I still don't see that as clearly ball before man - it's so tight.

I agree with the commentators - but I think it's one where it goes with the onfield decision, and given the ball was clearly diverted, at full speed, seen once, I can see why the ref might give it.

And on a side note, given there's been a lot of comparison with last night's dive from Nunez, we've had 9 penalties in the league this season, compared to just 4 for Liverpool. (The count in all competitions is 17 to 6).
With a further 5-6 strong penalty claims for City waived away (perhaps more; I can recall two against the Rags, and two last night just off the top of my head).

Regarding the referee not giving the penalty yesterday, I hope our defenders get similar leniency over the remaining games this season (though, hopefully none of them are dumb enough to go in like that).

Sorry, I didn’t read your post properly before I replied. I thought you were saying the foul was off the field but the ball still in play.

You’re right, he can’t give a foul that’s committed after the ball is dead. Totally guessing because I’ve no recollection of the incident. But from what you’ve described it sounds most likely that he’s decided the foul, at least started, before the ball had gone dead.
It wasn't my post - and I can't remember whether it was ball or man that was possibly out of play :)

Cant believe the pen the dippers got last night , evidence there if you play in red you can dive for britain and get a pen , just like that
DelightfulDarlingIncatern-size_restricted.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.