Ref Watch

The slow motion angle from behind makes it pretty clear Kehrer kicks Haaland’s foot before making any contact with the ball.

By the way, the commentators in the video I posted are saying they think it is a penalty.

I called pen in real time but could kind of see why the ref wasn't sure.

That said, the angle that's clearest is the one the ref had, from behind the play. Contact on the standing foot while on the way to play the ball. Clear.

Happily we're good enough to overcome these decisions and hopefully we stay that way.

Thought the ref managed the general play well. Definitely better than most, but that's not exactly a glowing endorsement these days.

I called pen in real time but could kind of see why the ref wasn't sure.

That said, the angle that's clearest is the one the ref had, from behind the play. Contact on the standing foot while on the way to play the ball. Clear.

Happily we're good enough to overcome these decisions and hopefully we stay that way.

Thought the ref managed the general play well. Definitely better than most, but that's not exactly a glowing endorsement these days.
Agreed. I actually have more issue with VAR deciding not to ask the ref to review the Haaland incident and the ref missing the foul on Stones (and VAR again choosing not to ask the ref to review).

No body worked harder than Mariner to keep Utd in the game , you could see the crushed disillusionment in his face as he gave that penalty and to see all his work was for nothing..
Body language here tells a lot. Walking away from the area despite the ball being played into the middle of it from the corner. He gives it a fleeting look, knowing full well he will never award a pen no matter what occurs.

Unfortunately for him VAR exists

Attachments

• 4E0F77A6-2477-4FE2-821C-FB618D196457.jpeg
    4E0F77A6-2477-4FE2-821C-FB618D196457.jpeg
    590.2 KB · Views: 144

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.