Ref Watch

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...l-tierney-man-city-man-utd-2023-b1081759.html

Don`t know what to make of this as always had him down as a BinDipper sympathiser
"With Manchester City taking on Manchester United in the Final for the first time, it’s fitting that a Lancashire-based official from Wigan will lead the team of officials to oversee the game,” read a statement.

That seems an odd quote. Wigan is in Greater Manchester - you'd think having someone from the Midlands, or the North East would be the more obvious choice.

Reactions: PPT
"With Manchester City taking on Manchester United in the Final for the first time, it’s fitting that a Lancashire-based official from Wigan will lead the team of officials to oversee the game,” read a statement.

That seems an odd quote. Wigan is in Greater Manchester - you'd think having someone from the Midlands, or the North East would be the more obvious choice.

If he was from Mars, I’m sure they’d be people on here who know someone who’s brother had a season ticket next to them at Old Trafford for years.

Besides, it’s a very small shortlist of refs who haven’t done a final before, who are regularly getting big games.

isnt that skipping a level? she's 'only' football league rather than Championship isn't she?
Pretty sure I have seen her ref some championship games on the EFL highlights show and I am pretty sure she has also made some howlers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.