Ref Watch

Didn’t really see that as double standards any more than the usual between defenders and attackers tbh.

The Silva one wasn’t enough for a penalty, the Haaland one was enough to disallow a goal.
If van Hecke held Haaland like that, would it be given a penalty by VAR?

Edit: Colwill, not van Hecke

Last edited:
Probably not, for the reason I said :)
That's why I think it shouldn't have been disallowed. If you can take away a goal for an attacker pulling a shirt like that, you should get a free shot at goal (i.e. a penalty) for a defender pulling a shirt like that.

That's why I think it shouldn't have been disallowed. If you can take away a goal for an attacker pulling a shirt like that, you should get a free shot at goal (i.e. a penalty) for a defender pulling a shirt like that.

Ah you’re saying if it was a guaranteed goal? In which case then probably yes. Doesn’t happen that often though.

Ah you’re saying if it was a guaranteed goal? In which case then probably yes. Doesn’t happen that often though.
No, the scenario I'm posing is the exact reverse of what happened (Colwill holding Haaland in the same situation).
Edit: Just that instead of Colwill heading it into his own goal, he's clearing it with his head.

Last edited:
No, the scenario I'm posing is the exact reverse of what happened (van Hecke holding Haaland in the same situation).

Ah ok. In that scenario, on pitch, some would give it, some wouldn’t, I remember Laporte winning a penalty for similar. I highly doubt VAR would intervene either way in that scenario though.

Don't think the ref was dodgy at all. They were always going to give it as a foul.

Plus, Brighton had two goals of their own ruled out. Ref didn't have to do that.

Might be able to buy himself a new suit.

He looked a fucking mess.

As for the ref......he did ok.....but i am convinced we are officiated to a higher standard.

A bit like Pep is 'expected' to win stuff so he doesnt quite get the accolades he should from some.....i feel our players need to be squeaky clean to stop us being penalised or need to be blatantly fouled in order to win a decision.

Haaland is most definitely on the receiving end of very harsh decisions,to rule that goal out was utterly ridiculous given that shit goes on all over the pitch throughout the 90 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.