Ref Watch

I thought the Haaland one was a bigger pull back. That coupled with the bar being different for attackers than to defenders, particularly if a goal comes from it.

If you flip the clubs around, I’d have been more annoyed had either decision gone against us.

It was a foul no doubt but my issue is real speed, it is not anywhere near clear and obvious and as such shouldn’t be referred back to the ref to go take a look. We see so many instances where they don’t ask the ref to take a look yet all of a sudden, it’s us, it’s for the win, it’s to stop plucky Brighton and he gets asked knowing full well he will rule the goal out.

The exact same clip used to rule it out shows the Brighton player first and pull Haaland as well but it’s ignored and we all know why.

It was a foul no doubt but my issue is real speed, it is not anywhere near clear and obvious and as such shouldn’t be referred back to the ref to go take a look. We see so many instances where they don’t ask the ref to take a look yet all of a sudden, it’s us, it’s for the win, it’s to stop plucky Brighton and he gets asked knowing full well he will rule the goal out.

The exact same clip used to rule it out shows the Brighton player first and pull Haaland as well but it’s ignored and we all know why.

It happens all over the pitch too,with no consequence......That Scandinavian defender was wearing Haaland as an extra shirt for most of the game,but was allowed to maul him at will.

The clear and obvious is a great point.....and its probably the most abused aspect of VAR as its so easy to manipulate.

A

Absolutely this, they were both pulling and grabbing each other but var ignored the overall play, if Colville hadn’t stopped probably var doesn’t get involved

I can’t remember many that have led to a goal that they have allowed like that tbh, I get the argument around clear and obvious but that’s been an issue with the overall application of VAR since day one, and ultimately you do say there yourself it was no doubt a foul so it is a difficult line to tread.

Personally, I’m ok with defenders being allowed to get away with more than attackers and like I said, if you flip the teams around, I’d have been more annoyed than I am now had it stood for Brighton.

He kept getting in the way of play last night. There were several instances where he was too close to the player with the ball, who then had to check their pass.

ermmmm one was clearly offside & the other has handled leading directly to a goal, both these are established rules/laws of football, the officials ‘do’ have to give them, otherwise VAR would intervene under clear & obvious, which I’m sure you’ll agree. Now I’m not saying Hooper was dodgy, but we have to ask how much of the actual incident was played to him on the monitor for a true reflection? If it’s just Haaland pulling his shirt then foul, if it’s the whole play then for me it’s a goal. It’s these minor manipulations that infuriate Pep, to the point of wanting to grip the official, it needs calling out by the club but now is not the time. All season clips of Haaland being aggressive, giving as good as he’s got have been played out on highlight reels on programs like motd, the narrative has been set that he’s a big bully & gets away with being overly aggressive towards defenders, it’ll get a lot worse next season
You are right, they only showed the original Colwill foul after the goal was disallowed

Don't think the ref was dodgy at all. They were always going to give it as a foul.

Plus, Brighton had two goals of their own ruled out. Ref didn't have to do that.
Mitoma scored a ‘try’ not a goal and Welbeck was a yard offside. No choice but to disallow them. Haaland goal was 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other and harshly ruled out on a subjective opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.