Ref Watch

As you know, I am consistently one of the most ferocious critics of PL referees, including today.

But even I do not support the sort of behaviour Roma fans directed toward Taylor and his family, for a number of reasons:

1. It is barbaric and absolutely not the way anything is solved. All it does is create more problems.

2. There are very, very few things a person can do that makes them deserving of that sort of treatment and Taylor has never gotten (and will likely never get) near that level.

3. It only acts to put decent people off from wanting to be refs; essentially, it makes it even more unlikely that we get good referees in the future. Who would want to do it if they will just be assaulted or worse by angry fans? It is a real issue at the youth level right now, actually, and various associations are having to come up with creative strategies to get enough refs to officiate matches full stop.

4. Taylor’s family absolutely do not deserve to be assaulted, regardless of what Taylor may or may not have done.

5. With it being so public and widely distributed, it emboldens others to act in that same way in football and beyond, which makes things worse for everyone.

There is no real future if that sort of behaviour is allowed and condoned. The sport—and perhaps outside of it—devolves again in to violent chaos, where families don’t feel safe going to matches.

I know you and TFH are correct, certainly when it comes to their family. Something needs to be done though. That display today was a disgrace. They tried to cheat us, again. Fucking sick of it

Pretty sure it did go to VAR, and they saw nothing wrong with it. Add it to the handball that wasn't given and the red card that VAR thought was okay today. It's bent.
Var was doing its best to screw us over! Anybody convinced that the pen would have been given at the other end?

Honestly, I've been a blue for 40+ years and do I think there is a conscious bias - no, absolutely not.

Do I think all teams get rough decisions which VAR was meant to help eliminate? Yep.

Guys need to get a grip. It's verging on embarrassing to think that every shit decision is a deliberate attempt to deprive us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.