Ref Watch

We actually knew what was going to happen in order to influence the outcome in their favour. I've tried to look at the main incidents without my blue tinted specs on this morning. The handball - not surprised, don't think anyone has got a clue what's going on with this rule at the moment. Very harsh regardless.
Melon head tackle - probably a red, how it didn't get considered as such I don't know ( well actually we do).
The KDB non penalty - anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul. In my mind these were deliberate decisions and not as a result of incompetence.

The refereeing today was AWFUL. I’ve been a blue for 40+ years and I do think there is a conscious bias - absolutely yes.
The number of totally dreadful fouls committed against City that go unpunished is ridiculous. Today was just another example.
Deadright, C. Had Fred been dressed in sky blue he would have had two yellows. it's as clear as a first minute Gundog thunderbolt.

No he didn't, he was jumping for a header and would have exactly the same movements if the ball hadnt hit his arm. He wasnt even looking at the ball so impossible for him to move his arm to the ball.

What do some people watch….

This is an example of what you describe. A player looking at the ball and moving his arm deliberately towards it and playing it. No penalty

I'd ask how the fuck that wasn't a penalty for WHU but again we all know why.

His arms are moving downwards as he falls, the he just flicks his left arm up and hits the ball. I don't think it was deliberate, but it happened.
Yes and as the law states not every touch on the arm/hand is an offence. Which this clearly isnt. Never given in a million years at the other end.

Hackett who clearly isnt bent see’s it how it should be officiated

Attachments

• 5866EC88-28FE-48CB-80C8-83D868910A5C.jpeg
    5866EC88-28FE-48CB-80C8-83D868910A5C.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Grealish clearly moved his hand upwards onto the ball though...

Nobody in their right mind should be appealing for a penalty for that, and nobody in their right mind should be over-ruling the referee for it.

People need to stop buying this "they had to give it" argument. With the rules as they are I can make that argument either way on almost any handball or offside decision.

Seriously, there were three major VAR reviews there and each of them ended up with the wrong decision. Don't talk to me about interpretations or protocols. Those are part of the problem, not of any solution.

We actually knew what was going to happen in order to influence the outcome in their favour. I've tried to look at the main incidents without my blue tinted specs on this morning. The handball - not surprised, don't think anyone has got a clue what's going on with this rule at the moment. Very harsh regardless.
Melon head tackle - probably a red, how it didn't get considered as such I don't know ( well actually we do).
The KDB non penalty - anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul. In my mind these were deliberate decisions and not as a result of incompetence.
I have come to the conclusion that refs KNOW they are fouls but just don't want to give them.

A poorly reffed match with us up against 12, or even 13.

That said, now I'm calmer I've no big problem with the handball. I don't think it should be handball, but the way the vast majority of English games have been reffed this season that gets given.

If it had happened at the other end and not been given, we'd all have been fuming.

Glad that united haven't got the excuse that they would have had if it hadn't been given also.

Only thing about that decision for me is that I'm fairly sure if that happened the CL it wouldn't get given. The refs there seem to still use a little common sense, which ours don't seem to either have or want to use. It's mental how English matches are referred so differently to European ones.

Yes and as the law states not every touch on the arm/hand is an offence. Which this clearly isnt. Never given in a million years at the other end
I wonder what VAR would have done with the Alex Greenwood netball impersonation in the last women's game. I think they would have concluded that EFC would have a penalty shootout midway through the first half. I have no doubt that VAR has developed into a tool that clearly manipulates results.

A poorly reffed match with us up against 12, or even 13.

That said, now I'm calmer I've no big problem with the handball. I don't think it should be handball, but the way the vast majority of English games have been reffed this season that gets given.

If it had happened at the other end and not been given, we'd all have been fuming.

Glad that united haven't got the excuse that they would have had if it hadn't been given also.

Only thing about that decision for me is that I'm fairly sure if that happened the CL it wouldn't get given. The refs there seem to still use a little common sense, which ours don't seem to either have or want to use. It's mental how English matches are referred so differently to European ones.
I wouldn't have, letter of the law or not. It was a nonsense decision, the refs seem to have been told that they're not to use their common sense in any decision making.

Like most in the ground we didn’t have a clue what was going on and what caused the var decision. They weirdly tried to put it up on the big screens the replay but literally stopped playing it back half a second into it. Why did they not want us to see the day light robbery taking place?

They are not allowed to show anything on the screens in the ground that might be considered controversial. That rule predates VAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.