Ref Watch

Regarding their penalty, we were awarded an equally soft one vs Leipzig in the CL, so it's not a surprise that it was given
After the VAR intervention the TV camera focused on Webb the Red and he really looked like he was struggling to contain his glee. The way he squirmed he may even have cum in his knickers

the stamp on Akanji I really don't understand what went on as this was a clear and obvious error from the referee to give utd the free kick
It was 50/50 yellow or red, so surely VAR should have instructed the ref to review it

As for the KDB penalty claim, by this time we all knew what was going on
They wouldn't recommend the ref to look as in the view of VARed David Coote it only merited a yellow To me it was borderline and the ref clearly didn't see it as he gave his team a free kick so, VARed should have asked him to take a look
The issue with VAR is that they dont want it to ref the game and so they hide behind the clear and obvious, this is utter bollocks though as the Jack handball wasn't clear and obvious

H
He was already coming back down after the jump, both of his arms were moving downwards, and then his left arm flicks upwards. It's not a consequence of the jump.
Thats what happens when you jump, stretching to head it while twisting in the air. You can never have played the game or have a basic understanding of the mechanics of it…

The 3 big calls yesterday were all incorrect (Grealish/Casemiro/KDB Pen) and all in the Rags favour. Yet again. Disgraceful

Last edited:
A poorly reffed match with us up against 12, or even 13.

That said, now I'm calmer I've no big problem with the handball. I don't think it should be handball, but the way the vast majority of English games have been reffed this season that gets given.

If it had happened at the other end and not been given, we'd all have been fuming.

Glad that united haven't got the excuse that they would have had if it hadn't been given also.

Only thing about that decision for me is that I'm fairly sure if that happened the CL it wouldn't get given. The refs there seem to still use a little common sense, which ours don't seem to either have or want to use. It's mental how English matches are referred so differently to European ones.
I really dont think so. tbh I think most people make their mind up on what the pundits or the media say (And we all know they hate City) but tbh Jenas immediately called that out as not handball. So did the studio, so do even some utd fans.

This "technically not handball" stuff is a smokescreen. Its quite a lot lately, a technical decision. Which in my book always means wrong, but we will correct it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.