Ref Watch

A poorly reffed match with us up against 12, or even 13.

That said, now I'm calmer I've no big problem with the handball. I don't think it should be handball, but the way the vast majority of English games have been reffed this season that gets given.

If it had happened at the other end and not been given, we'd all have been fuming.

Glad that united haven't got the excuse that they would have had if it hadn't been given also.

Only thing about that decision for me is that I'm fairly sure if that happened the CL it wouldn't get given. The refs there seem to still use a little common sense, which ours don't seem to either have or want to use. It's mental how English matches are referred so differently to European ones.
You’re missing the point. Its never given in a million years at the other end. Thats the issue

Watch Gundos second again,watch how he loses his marker to get the room to volley it home. Bearing in mind Kev picked out Gundo and all the other Blues ran to the near post to draw the rags away from him, just wtf was Tirney doing stood virtually next to Gundo.
You miss a lot watching it live but having seen that and the disgraceful decions make victory so much sweeter.

Regarding their penalty, we were awarded an equally soft one vs Leipzig in the CL, so it's not a surprise that it was given
After the VAR intervention the TV camera focused on Webb the Red and he really looked like he was struggling to contain his glee. The way he squirmed he may even have cum in his knickers

the stamp on Akanji I really don't understand what went on as this was a clear and obvious error from the referee to give utd the free kick
It was 50/50 yellow or red, so surely VAR should have instructed the ref to review it

As for the KDB penalty claim, by this time we all knew what was going on

Watch it in normal speed it’s natural movement! That’s what the referee should look at first watch it in normal play then in slow motion!

One thing for Certain at the other end Coote wouldn’t have brought it to the referees attention!
So why didn't his right arm also flick upwards? I agree with the second part 100%

Grealish clearly moved his hand upwards onto the ball though...

Watch it at normal speed. If his reactions are that good we should have stuck him in goal for the penalty.

His body movement made his hand travel upwards and unfortunately that coincided with the ball going there. Unavoidable, he had zero chance of getting out of the way from that distance.

Nobody in their right mind should be appealing for a penalty for that, and nobody in their right mind should be over-ruling the referee for it.

People need to stop buying this "they had to give it" argument. With the rules as they are I can make that argument either way on almost any handball or offside decision.

Seriously, there were three major VAR reviews there and each of them ended up with the wrong decision. Don't talk to me about interpretations or protocols. Those are part of the problem, not of any solution.
Yup that's how I see it. They've obfuscated the decision making process soooo much now that they can now give anything for everything and get away with it.

Haha at all the VAR supporters, and how it solves more issues than it than it creates. You're signing footballs death warrant yourselves, lfc and utd DO benefit from VAR more than others teams. The stats show it, we can all feel and smell it. And it's not just City fans.

H
No he didn't, he was jumping for a header and would have exactly the same movements if the ball hadnt hit his arm. He wasnt even looking at the ball so impossible for him to move his arm to the ball.

What do some people watch….

This is an example of what you describe. A player looking at the ball and moving his arm deliberately towards it and playing it. No penalty

He was already coming back down after the jump, both of his arms were moving downwards, and then his left arm flicks upwards. It's not a consequence of the jump.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.