Ref Watch

We actually knew what was going to happen in order to influence the outcome in their favour. I've tried to look at the main incidents without my blue tinted specs on this morning. The handball - not surprised, don't think anyone has got a clue what's going on with this rule at the moment. Very harsh regardless.
Melon head tackle - probably a red, how it didn't get considered as such I don't know ( well actually we do).
The KDB non penalty - anywhere else on the pitch that's a foul. In my mind these were deliberate decisions and not as a result of incompetence.
100%. All 3 wrong all 3 in the Rags favour And if the incidents were switched all 3 decisions would be in the Rags favour again. Disgraceful

Both this and the Casemiro tackle on Akanji were looked at by Coote on VAR but he deemed there was no clear and obvious error by Tierney so no further action was taken.
The Casemiro tackle was unbelievable - and he wins the free kick! On first glance on the TV replay it looks like his foot has gone over the top of the ball and into Akanji's leg. However, there's a photo somewhere (here or on Twitter) from a different angle and taken from the side of the pitch, which shows Casemiro's foot to be nowhere near the ball and way to the side of it. He didn't go over the top of the ball and he knew exactly what he was doing, which was to take out Akanji. Even Jenas called it out on commentary. Thought it was a yellow at the time but now I've seen the other image it's pre-meditated, dangerous and a red for me.

Don't get me going on Fred's challenge on De Bruyne.....the clearest foul and a penalty from any angle. No debate.

Not clear and obvious. Right.

When you jump your arms move up. When you come back down, the arms move back down. There is no need for his left arm to independently move back upwards again
Why does jumping make one arm randomly flail upwards when you are on the way back down?
You're neither very good at watching nor body physics... ;)
(e.g. inertia of mass).

Why does Wan-Bissaka's left arm going up when landing, eh?

Please, lads and lasses, watch the arms of players involved in aerial duels and you can see the natural use of arms for the purpose of stabilization and balance. Actually you could watch jumping vertebrates and the result will be the same. It's biology.

The humans who tried to define this rule where simply clueless,
but that's no news.

Technically the handball or tips of his fingers by grealish is a pen going by the new rules,but it’s open to interpretation as in if it’s a utd player doing the same it’s waved away,VAR was far worse than the ref yesterday the disgraceful tackle on akanji by marshmallow head was at minimum a yellow but wouldn’t have been surprised at a red,again if that’s aCity player he’s absolutely booked and possibly a red,de bruyne pen well it’s a disgrace,at the other end and they couldn’t have contained themselves to give it as quick as possible..

I came to the conclusion that they have ben instructed NOT to give cards in the first twenty minutes - spoils the game. Maybe some clubs are aware of that and take advantage but tbh it really feels like a ref protocol.
Same with goalkeepers time wasting. Has any goalkeeper, deliberately running down the clock, time after time, goal kick after goal kick, ever been booked in the first half. Time wasting is a foul and if refs are totting up fouls before they issue a yellow then why does it not appear until the 87th minute after the goalie has racked up 25 or thirty 'fouls'?

This would have been Casiemeros third red of the season,so would have been looking at a minimum 3 game ban to start next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.