Ref Watch

The most true thing Pep ever said was we do EVERYTHING ourselves and nobody helps us. Look at the scum games, the most blatant offside goal allowed at the swamp, a non penalty given yesterday and a clear one the other way not given. Casemiro red not given. At the emirates a dodgy pen given and in the reverse fixture a clear pen for a foul on Kev not given. It’s blatant fucking manipulation

The Casemiro tackle was unbelievable - and he wins the free kick! On first glance on the TV replay it looks like his foot has gone over the top of the ball and into Akanji's leg. However, there's a photo somewhere (here or on Twitter) from a different angle and taken from the side of the pitch, which shows Casemiro's foot to be nowhere near the ball and way to the side of it. He didn't go over the top of the ball and he knew exactly what he was doing, which was to take out Akanji. Even Jenas called it out on commentary. Thought it was a yellow at the time but now I've seen the other image it's pre-meditated, dangerous and a red for me.

Don't get me going on Fred's challenge on De Bruyne.....the clearest foul and a penalty from any angle. No debate.

Not clear and obvious. Right.

He gave United a freekick for Casemiro’s red card challenge on Akanji.

He waived away a clear penalty when Fred tripped Kev in the United box.

He did indeed give most 50/50s United’s way throughout the match.

And, ultimately, he gave the farcical penalty for handball on Grealish, when he could have easily gone to the screen, saw the replays, and said he didn’t believe it meets the threshold for handball leading to penalty.

Tierney was “balancing” the match throughout.

1st one looked like a foul on casemiro in real time. Var needed to intervene but didn't

2nd one wasn't enough for a penalty

3rd one, I think you need to watch the game again, he was fair throughout the match, He got a few of ours wrong and a few of theirs wrong

4th yes he could do that but how many times have you seen that happen in the last year

5th absolute bollocks

The fact that its a subjective decision, there was no clear and obvious error that the VAR had to over-rule. Complete incompetence or just cheating.
A "Clear & Obvious error" does not require VAR spending 5 minutes checking video replays.
As other have said, after being directed to view the video, the referee could have dismissed the claim as not deserving a penalty, I suggest they are scared of the repercussions for defying VAR. On field officials are now reduced to "assistants" to VAR commander.

1st one looked like a foul on casemiro in real time. Var needed to intervene but didn't

3rd one, I think you need to watch the game again, he was fair throughout the match, He got a few of ours wrong and a few of theirs wrong

4th yes he could do that but how many times have you seen that happen in the last year

5th absolute bollocks
I have watched the game back.

The Casemiro challenge looked like a red in real-time (I actually said immediately he wouldn’t get one and was still left dumbfounded when he was given a foul against him). The second was absolutely a penalty. The third, he was absolutely not fair throughout the game, to the point that several City players were having a go at him about how lenient he was being with United challenges. Even Pep had a go at the fourth official several times. The fourth is conclusive that ref is ultimately at fault for the handball decision, not VAR.

The fifth is your opinion, which very few City or even non-United fans agree with based on the preponderance of evidence from yesterday’s match.

5th absolute bollocks
Wow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.