Ref Watch

You should try it. Not very easy at all. Should try it one day if you think its not too strenuous.

Last time I had to do a Level 4 test it was 3200 mtrs in 12 minutes. If you passed the finish line before 12 minutes you had to continue running until the 12 minutes was up. Rumour was that when Oliver did the test he was almost 1000 mtrs over when the 12 minutes expired.

About 15 year ago they got us to do a bleep test. Had to get to level 14 to pass the test. 1 lad only managed level 4 which is basically a brisk walk
There are 2 different standards of the multi-stage fitness test (Bleep test). 15 and 20m

Level 14 on the 20m test is pretty hardcore. I've done 14-6 at my very fittest. I could probably manage level 10 now (well at least before I got injured), and I'm the wrong side of 45 these days.

The trick with doing it quick is the turn. You essentially need to run it in a figure-8 once you get up into double figures. I find powering off the line for the first 10m and coasting the second half until about L8, and then just balls out until I reach VO2 Max and no longer keep up with the beeps works for me.

Last edited:
Another red card overturned - Chelsea’s at Villa after the Oscar winning performance from Grealish. Good to see refs and VAR getting it right again.

I recently wrote to the Football Supporters Association complaining about the performances of referees / VAR etc with special reference to Stuart Attwell's performance against Brighton . I have received a reply saying that they had had 30,000 replies to a questionnaire they had sent out, and are due to discuss the findings with the PL and PiGMOL .

I doubt whether that alone will bring about changes with either of the two bodies but it is perhaps a reflection of the general concern of supporters regarding the performances we are witnessing of officials.

Incompetence or corruption at the root of these inept performances , everybody will have their own views, but football supporters in general are suffering from their decisions.

Another red card overturned - Chelsea’s at Villa after the Oscar winning performance from Grealish. Good to see refs and VAR getting it right again.
Grealish should now receive a retrospective red card for simulation and getting a player sent off. But no way will that happen. So he and others will continue to cheat.

I recently wrote to the Football Supporters Association complaining about the performances of referees / VAR etc with special reference to Stuart Attwell's performance against Brighton . I have received a reply saying that they had had 30,000 replies to a questionnaire they had sent out, and are due to discuss the findings with the PL and PiGMOL .

I doubt whether that alone will bring about changes with either of the two bodies but it is perhaps a reflection of the general concern of supporters regarding the performances we are witnessing of officials.

Incompetence or corruption at the root of these inept performances , everybody will have their own views, but football supporters in general are suffering from their decisions.
Well done, but we do not have to suffer, VAR could be our salvation, all it needs is an independent company using VAR the Clear and obvious being applied, and assessing Refs. it does away with the FA`s pay masters influence. that Ferguson brought in.

Well done, but we do not have to suffer, VAR could be our salvation, all it needs is an independent company using VAR the Clear and obvious being applied, and assessing Refs. it does away with the FA`s pay masters influence. that Ferguson brought in.
Good bottle of red generally secured a favourable ref in those days. Now it's probable shares in a vineyard... allegedly.

Good bottle of red generally secured a favourable ref in those days. Now it's probable shares in a vineyard... allegedly.
You can not blame Ref`s for pandering to their bosses, Scudamore said` we can not allow that to happen again` Masters was asked about this and replied ` TV viewing figures are up` ( 5.9% i think he said } SKY is turning a sport into a yankie soap opera, VAR could be our salvation the structure is in place all it has to do is be independent, audited and assess the Ref`s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.