Ref Watch

The one I mention was not long into the second half, there were two shouts not long apart but this was hours ago and I have forgotten the other one, there were so many to remember after all.

I don't want to watch match of the day to remind myself either lol
Me neither. May watch tomorrow morning. Job done! I am going to go have a drink.

Wolves fan here. Have to say you deserved to win the game but to get stitched up by VAR stinks. Never a penalty but should have had one earlier. Every time Adama had the ball first half he was fouled and you eventually had 2 bookings but that meant fat boy Moss had to book Jimenez and he was silly for the red. But does anyone think the first tackle was a yellow? Today Man City, liverplol, Chelsea and Man Utd all had penalties that if they were the other way round would have been changed by VAR. The league is corrupt and the big clubs might as well play themselves every week because the rest of don’t matter.

Good of you to admit as much.
Moss was shocking but don't expect any less from that fat twunt.

Nothing yellow for the first but we get them routinely for our first challenges so no sympathy here. What he did for the 2nd was just stupidity but Moss had set the tone by letting you get away with everything up to that point and Jimenez probably thought he could get away with it.

Chelsea's and Liverpools penalty's were absolute jokes. Liverpool's especially, but we expect nothing less.

VAR decisions of as last week: https://www.espn.co.uk/football/eng...affected-every-premier-league-club-in-2021-22

Wolves -3
City -2
Liverpool +2
Chelsea +1

So yes there may be a bias but it isn't really City who benefit from it.

The one I mention was not long into the second half, there were two shouts not long apart but this was hours ago and I have forgotten the other one, there were so many to remember after all.

I don't want to watch match of the day to remind myself either lol
I wouldn't worry, MOTD don't usually show our penalty shouts. They've got to keep on top of the narrative.

The one that went for a bye kick, the one that the defender didn't touch the ball but ploughed right into Sterling, is that the good tackle one you mention?

The other one you mention, the guy had three pulls on Sterling, two on the shoulder, one on his arm and then he gives him a little push in the back for good measure, so 4 pens in one if you wear a red shirt.
What is the timestamp of the first one you mention?

Has anyone mentioned the other handball from Kilman that blocked Foden's shot in the second half, when Raheem cut it back? Didn't realise it until someone asked me about it and I don't remember BT mentioning it at the time either. Watching it back though, it was fully blocked with the arm. Not sure if that's a pen or not by today's standards because his arms weren't up high and he was fairly close to Foden, those used to be given though.

Last edited:
Wolves fan here. Have to say you deserved to win the game but to get stitched up by VAR stinks. Never a penalty but should have had one earlier. Every time Adama had the ball first half he was fouled and you eventually had 2 bookings but that meant fat boy Moss had to book Jimenez and he was silly for the red. But does anyone think the first tackle was a yellow? Today Man City, liverplol, Chelsea and Man Utd all had penalties that if they were the other way round would have been changed by VAR. The league is corrupt and the big clubs might as well play themselves every week because the rest of don’t matter.
You’re right and wrong on certain points. We are reffed miles different to other “big teams” we should have had two pens on Sterling before the “handball” var couldnt over turn it as it’s not clear if it hit his hand or not therefor not clear and obvious enough to over turn. It was the weakest shout of the day but I’ll take it when he allowed your defender to very clumsy twat sterling’s legs and even gave the goal kick knowing he didn’t touch the ball.

If you watch city the yellows we get are crazy. Not saying never not deserved however if you consider we have 70 plus percent of the ball, commit fewer fouls yet somehow many weeks end up with more cards than the opposition. If we got technical today your teams time wasting tactics went unpunished as always against us. No issues with teams doing it but the refs never action it until the last few mins. Book them early for what’s is effectively cheating and then they won’t do it again. If you looked back over since var has been in you will see the mental pens we haven’t had awarded. Look up Foden last year. Var is shite and our refs aren’t much better. I know from its introduction you guys feel you don’t get the better end of decisions and it may be true. If it was in your first decision Bolys hand of god wouldn’t have counted ;)

What is the timestamp of the first one you mention?

Has anyone mentioned the other handball that blocked Foden's shot in the second half when Raheem cut it back? Didn't realise it until someone mentioned it and I don't remember BT mentioning it at the time either. Watching it back though, it was fully blocked with the arm. Not sure if that's a pen or not by today's standards because his arms weren't up high and he was fairly close to Foden, those used to be given though.
Not sure, I was at work but made it home for kick off but then at halftime, I had to go and clock off and had the game on pause, it was early in the second half and after the pull back one as that is the one I mention in the matchday thread first.

My posts were 6 minutes apart.

14:16 and 14:22

I got back in the house about 14:10 so both would be within the first 10 minutes of second half max.

That's our first of the season, despite being clattered a dozen times in various penalty areas. We can only hope that a defender catches the ball or fists it from under the bar 'cos that's the only way we stand a chance of getting a pen. I've looked at that about five times on the brief highlights and yer guy uses his arm to prevent the ball following its trajectory. Tough on him, but that's using his arm to play the ball. And despite the plethora of know-nowt pundits in the BT studio who are apoplectic with rage VAR confirmed Mossy Lard's decision. if it wasn't a pen I am sure VAR would have fucked us off as they have done several times since the whistling wankers arrived in the VAR shed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.