Ref Watch

What is the timestamp of the first one you mention?

Has anyone mentioned the other handball that blocked Foden's shot in the second half when Raheem cut it back? Didn't realise it until someone asked me about it and I don't remember BT mentioning it at the time either. Watching it back though, it was fully blocked with the arm. Not sure if that's a pen or not by today's standards because his arms weren't up high and he was fairly close to Foden, those used to be given though.

Pen all day Kilman leans into the ball but very cleverly keeps his arm next to his body in a natural position, even rag Wio said it was a penner

What is the timestamp of the first one you mention?

Has anyone mentioned the other handball from Kilman that blocked Foden's shot in the second half, when Raheem cut it back? Didn't realise it until someone asked me about it and I don't remember BT mentioning it at the time either. Watching it back though, it was fully blocked with the arm. Not sure if that's a pen or not by today's standards because his arms weren't up high and he was fairly close to Foden, those used to be given though.
He played the ball with his arm. It's a mandatory pen at the Swamp 'n Anfield anytime, any day, any game. We called it immediately! Just another pen gone begging. I can't understand, if VAR is doing the job it's presented as doing, why it didn't whistle in Mossy's ear and inform him of 'the error'! City fans, City players and Pep are used to penalties going begging.

Wolves fan here. Have to say you deserved to win the game but to get stitched up by VAR stinks. Never a penalty but should have had one earlier. Every time Adama had the ball first half he was fouled and you eventually had 2 bookings but that meant fat boy Moss had to book Jimenez and he was silly for the red. But does anyone think the first tackle was a yellow? Today Man City, liverplol, Chelsea and Man Utd all had penalties that if they were the other way round would have been changed by VAR. The league is corrupt and the big clubs might as well play themselves every week because the rest of don’t matter.

Thanks for posting, and welcome.

My thoughts about the two penalties are opposite to yours. The first one that was denied, when your defender moved his shoulder towards and made contact with the ball, was not a definite penalty in my opinion. The changes to The Laws of the Game now day that if the ball hits the upper arm, it is not handball. The upper arm can be taken to be the arm covered by a short sleeves shirt. It looked too me as though the ball did touch the upper arm, so no penalty. Having said that, there was no definitive video or still shot pricing where the ball hit the defender. Marriner on VAR should have asked Moss to take another look at that. Walton's opinion is irrelevant because he's gave no indication that he is even aware of the law amendment. At least Gallagher referred to it, so he is aware. None of the pundits send are of the law amendment either.

On to the second - the one that was given, and I think this was a penalty. The defender had his arm raised, so it was in an unnatural position. The ball clearly hit his arm, so the question is, did it hit above or below the sleeve? Moss thought below, and there was no conclusive video to render that opinion as a clear error, so the penalty stood.

But regardless of any of this, Moss set his standard for handballs when he penalised Jesus In the first half. Using the same measures, at least one of the above penalty shouts had to be given.

I agree with you that Liverpool and United get very soft penalties, but don't make the mistake of lumping us in with them. Today's was our first penalty in the league this season, I believe. Check our record - we have had many good penalty claims turned away, but then I suppose all fans think this of their own team.

I don't think Jimenez's first caution should have been given. But I think some of our were soft too. The second caution was idiotic beyond belief though, and Moss had no choice but to send him off. Maybe Jimenez was caught it by Wolves' spiking tactics though. I can imagine they were told to slow down the game as much as possible. Stay down when fouled. Waste time on restarts. Stop us taking quick free kicks etc. I'm not saying these aren't legitimate tactics, just that they may have worked against Jimenez on this occasion.

Traore was fouled a lot. I don't think he was targeted per se. It's just that we are very aggressive in trying to regain possession of the ball, and we do commit fouls sometimes.

Wolves fan here. Have to say you deserved to win the game but to get stitched up by VAR stinks. Never a penalty but should have had one earlier. Every time Adama had the ball first half he was fouled and you eventually had 2 bookings but that meant fat boy Moss had to book Jimenez and he was silly for the red. But does anyone think the first tackle was a yellow? Today Man City, liverplol, Chelsea and Man Utd all had penalties that if they were the other way round would have been changed by VAR. The league is corrupt and the big clubs might as well play themselves every week because the rest of don’t matter.
Always a tough match against Wolves, thought we should of had at least one of the other penalty shouts, so VAR stinks, works both ways, you just remember the one’s against you, we’re the same.

Traore has his usual good game against us and shite against other teams, so nothing new there, our system suits his game and we are vulnerable to his pace.

The lenient officiating which has been introduced this season certainly worked in your favour earlier on, as Sterling got clattered by a few. Wolves seemed to like to give it out but easily fall to the floor, which is all part of your tactics, breaking play up, disrupt our system and frustrate, which fair play certainly does and your not the first.
How can a team with more than 70% possession and less tackles have more bookings, so no sympathy with the yellow card, you probably should of had a few more.
As for the league being corrupt, did you think that when Boly scored with his hand not so long ago.

Are you not concerned about your lack of goals this season, do you think getting rid of Nuno was a mistake, thought Bruno was brought in to play more expansive football.

If you would of got a point from today, football would of been the loser, although you played with 10 men for the second half, there was no excuse for the first half.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hope you play just as hard for the rest of the top teams

I come away from games so confused there where numerous shouts for pens from fouls and handballs in that game and I have no idea if they are genuine or not and if they have been looked at we should be better informed regardless of if it changes results
That's the worst about it. You've gone to the trouble of getting there with the traffic jams metro cattletrucks not to mention paid out for the doubtful privilege and you trudge out knowing the score but not having a clue how it came about.
The armchair fans usually see a close up of what happened albeit with some biased opinion from a clown who is more aware because he's on a loop with the TV people/VAR.
The commentator on NBC said straightaway that the booked Wolves player was on trouble but later made an excuse that he was frustrated because the first yellow was not justified. I thought it was as bad if not worse than the two earlier City bookings.
I am not sure whether VAR looked at our penalty
shouts either at all or from the first suitable angle.
Later on you learn of very late pens given to the usual suspects.
Whats really going on?

Wolves have some talented players but this manager sets you up so defensively. Are fans happy with him despite your position ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.