Ref Watch

Can we finally drop the agenda theory. We got away with another one today. If ederson was Ramsdale we'd be crying out for a penalty.
When you read RAWK after the Spurs v Liverpool game and the Arsenal v City game you start to feel embarrassed about our reaction to games and threads like this with all the posts banging on about the agenda against City.

Even before a game kicks off you get people saying “Atwell has been appointed ref for Arsenal away, we may as well just give Arsenal the points, we won’t be getting anything from this game, PIGMOL strike again!”

It’s all a bit pathetic. Sorry, I’ll correct that; it’s utterly fucking pathetic and makes us look like dicks with a massive victim mentality! (just read those RAWK threads if you haven’t done before, it’s no different to this place after some games!)

Yes, the media do have an agenda against City, but the Premier League and PIGMOL don’t. The constant suggestions that they do just land us straight in the cult-like paranoia sewer with the RAWK lot.

Yesterday the ref got a lot of decisions wrong but they went in both team’s favours:

Ederson/Odergard - Should have been a City free kick and a booking for Odergard because Odergard studded Ederson’s ankle… it was given as an Arsenal corner with the Arsenal fans, team and manager, and Liverpool fans, looking like dicks screaming for a penalty and crying about VAR.

Rodri/Martinelli - Should have been a City free kick and a Martinelli booking because Rodri got the ball and Martinelli cleaned him out… it was given as an Arsenal corner with Arsenal fans looking like dicks booing the ref and crying that it should have been a free kick and a booking for Rodri.

Partey/Jesus - could have been a City penalty but would have been soft, I’m not bothered it wasn’t given, it was probably more of an indirect free kick in the box to City as it was probably more of an obstruction (it was holding) than a foul… it was given as an Arsenal goal kick and brushed over by everyone.

Bernardo/Xhaka - there was some contact (Bernardo ran into Xhaka’s legs really rather than it being a foul by Xhaka) and Bernardo dived (he did dive, we’d be calling Salah out about the same thing), but then Xhaka pulled Bernardo’s shirt so it can’t really not be a penalty but it’s soft as fuck… it was given as a City penalty and we proper got given one there!

Gabriel/two bookings - dissent and then brought Jesus down with contact in the face… who knows what Gabriel said to the ref to get booked, nobody will ever know whether it was justified. But he was stupid enough to bring Jesus down after that so fuck the ****!

Partey/referee - when the ref was giving Gabriel his second yellow, Partey ran over and just for a second put his hands on the ref which should be an automatic red card… ref ignored it. It would have been a bit extreme to send him off for it but he could have done and should have booked him.

Rodri/two bookings - Arsenal fans think Rodri should have had four bookings in the game. The one I mentioned above but I’ve already shown how was actually a foul on Rodri by Martinelli; the one when he bright down Lacazette by body checking him (could easily have been a yellow); for taking his shirt off when celebrating the winner; and/or for confronting the Arsenal fans when celebrating the winner… I’d have no problem if he was booked for the Lacazette foul and then sent off after the winner.

VAR - Arsenal and Liverpool fans, and BT Sport, moaning that VAR didn’t ask the ref to look on the screen at the Odergard incident when they did the Bernardo incident… but they are two completely different incidents and if VAR definitely don’t think that the Odergard one is a penalty, they don’t need to ask the ref to go and take a look. The moaning about this has been fucking ridiculous… LEARN THE FUCKING RULES YOU THICK TWATS!

The reaction by Arsenal fans, the Arsenal team and stand-in manager for the game, and by Liverpool fans, has been absolutely pathetic. But it’s no different to any time we react on here in exactly the same way. We look just as pathetic and we need to start to reign it in big time!

Last edited by a moderator:
When you read RAWK after the Spurs v Liverpool game and the Arsenal v City game you start to feel embarrassed about our reaction to games and threads like this with all the posts banging on about the agenda against City.

Even before a game kicks off you get people saying “Atwell has been appointed ref for Arsenal away, we may as well just give Arsenal the points, we won’t be getting anything from this game, PIGMOL strike again!”

It’s all a bit pathetic. Sorry, I’ll correct that; it’s utterly fucking pathetic and makes us look like dicks with a massive victim mentality! (just read those RAWK threads if you haven’t done before, it’s no different to this place after some games!)

Yes, the media do have an agenda against City, but the Premier League and PIGMOL don’t. The constant suggestions that they do just land us straight in the cult-like paranoia sewer with the RAWK lot.

Yesterday the ref got a lot of decisions wrong but they went in both team’s favours:

Ederson/Odergard - Should have been a City free kick and a booking for Odergard because Odergard studded Ederson’s ankle… it was given as an Arsenal corner with the Arsenal fans, team and manager, and Liverpool fans, looking like dicks screaming for a penalty and crying about VAR.

Rodri/Martinelli - Should have been a City free kick and a Martinelli booking because Rodri got the ball and Martinelli cleaned him out… it was given as an Arsenal corner with Arsenal fans looking like dicks booing the ref and crying that it should have been a free kick and a booking for Rodri.

Partey/Jesus - could have been a City penalty but would have been soft, I’m not bothered it wasn’t given, it was probably more of an indirect free kick in the box to City as it was probably more of an obstruction (it was holding) than a foul… it was given as an Arsenal goal kick and brushed over by everyone.

Bernardo/Xhaka - there was some contact (Bernardo ran into Xhaka’s legs really rather than it being a foul by Xhaka) and Bernardo dived (he did dive, we’d be calling Salah out about the same thing), but then Xhaka pulled Bernardo’s shirt so it can’t really not be a penalty but it’s soft as fuck… it was given as a City penalty and we proper got given one there!

Gabriel/two bookings - dissent and then brought Jesus down with contact in the face… who knows what Gabriel said to the ref to get booked, nobody will ever know whether it was justified. But he was stupid enough to bring Jesus down after that so fuck the ****!

Partey/referee - when the ref was giving Gabriel his second yellow, Partey ran over and just for a second put his hands on the ref which should be an automatic red card… ref ignored it. It would have been a bit extreme to send him off for it but he could have done and should have booked him.

Rodri/two bookings - Arsenal fans think Rodri should have had four bookings in the game. The one I mentioned above but I’ve already shown how was actually a foul on Rodri by Martinelli; the one when he bright down Lacazette by body checking him (could easily have been a yellow); for taking his shirt off when celebrating the winner; and/or for confronting the Arsenal fans when celebrating the winner… I’d have no problem if he was booked for the Lacazette foul and then sent off after the winner.

VAR - Arsenal and Liverpool fans, and BT Sport, moaning that VAR didn’t ask the ref to look on the screen at the Odergard incident when they did the Bernardo incident… but they are two completely different incidents and if VAR definitely don’t think that the Odergard one is a penalty, they don’t need to ask the ref to go and take a look. The moaning about this has been fucking ridiculous… LEARN THE FUCKING RULES YOU THICK TWATS!

The reaction by Arsenal fans, the Arsenal team and stand-in manager for the game, and by Liverpool fans, has been absolutely pathetic. But it’s no different to any time we react on here in exactly the same way. We look just as pathetic and we need to start to reign it in big time!
The worst is the Cup draws, Still the same posters saying the same shit. Watch us get screwed like we always do. Fuckinhel its probably 3 or 4 years now where we couldn't hand pick our draws any better. Other clubs fans think it's rigged in our favour.

The worst is the Cup draws, Still the same posters saying the same shit. Watch us get screwed like we always do. Fuckinhel its probably 3 or 4 years now where we couldn't hand pick our draws any better. Other clubs fans think it's rigged in our favour.
When we got Burton in the Carabao semi ........
200.gif

I still haven't found out why one of the officials was late and missed the kick off.

Anyone ?

I should imagine that the comments about the BT commentary tells us that it's alive and thriving in all its vituperativeness. And let's not forget that Attwell wasn't giving that pen. I will need some convincing that refs are not permanently in 'No City Pen' mode from kick off, and occasionally forget themselves like Kavanagh did the other day! And then they have VAR to rely on to fuck us over.
Well, there is something strange about City and penalties this season. We don't get a single one from the beginning of the season until the last match before Christmas, and then we get four in four.

What's the betting its a fair while until we get another one?

Well, there is something strange about City and penalties this season. We don't get a single one from the beginning of the season until the last match before Christmas, and then we get four in four.

What's the betting its a fair while until we get another one?
The unbelievable ease with which the Rags and Dippers have been awarded pen after pen - I remember clearly the one where Ash the Crash did a mid-air somersault without the slightest contact and got the player sent off, I think all in the first ten minutes - doesn't compare with the way in which refs hand out pens in our favour. Bernardo was fouled twice in the same incident by Xhaka yesterday, and Attwell was still waving it away. He clearly didn't want to give the pen and his reaction of imitating a low-level Hitler salute, indicating that Bernardo had dived, just shows how refs go about dealing with the fouls when we are inside the opposition area. Without VAR we'd have been fucked over, and the RDAHMeedya would have rejoiced at Attwell getting all 'the important decisions' correct!

It will be interesting to see what happens on Friday against the L2 Wiltshire side. They won't be making any pussyfoot tackles inside or outside their area.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.