Ref Watch

There was one occasion when Mahrez was looking to pass to Foden (I think) and he just kept closing the angle as both players were looking to make space.

It was either poor spacial awareness or he was purposely trying to make it difficult. I think probably the former in this instance, but there have been referees in the past who have done this for no other reason but to screw us over.
It was very noticeable on Tuesday.

It was very noticeable on Tuesday.
I wonder if refs who don't see us regularly struggle more.

And even the ones who do know our play struggle in the same way that opponents do.

Even as fans, we regularly complain about City playing in seemingly the wrong direction, and refs who are used to being close to the action maybe can't cope with seeing Foden looking like he's 100% going to take on an opponent on the edge of the box, when suddenly he turns and plays the ball to the left back who is nowhere near where the ref would expect him to be.

I suspect refs struggle to avoid our passing angles more than any other team.

Pretty sure refs don’t purposely get in the way but it seems refs are having to stop games more and more often these days for the ball being trapped by them and then doing keepy ups.
Not entirely sure that's true. There have been some games where I've seen certain ref's have been looking for the passing lanes and getting away. I remember a game where a certain ref kept looking over his shoulder for where Spanish Dave was and then moving directly between him and the player with the ball.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't on purpose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.