Ref Watch

Let's just smash villa and don't fall into any traps that Oliver will jump on us with

We’ve got a 100% record under Oliver this season. Wins away at Chelsea and United, plus home victories against West Ham and United. As far as I can recall he reffed all those games pretty well.
Fair enough but I felt he was awful in the fa cup semi final vs Liverpool

Was the ref when we beat Brighton 4-1 and pipped the scousers to the title on the last day 3 years. Another 4-1 will do me just fine as you just know Coutihno will score against us. Hopefully in the last minute as a consolation. Come on City let's get this done.

We’ve got a 100% record under Oliver this season. Wins away at Chelsea and United, plus home victories against West Ham and United. As far as I can recall he reffed all those games pretty well.
We'll neutralise him by being 4 up by half time.

:)

We've got a decent record when he's reffed us. Four wins and one defeat this season (both derbies, Chelsea away, West Ham home, plus the FA Cup SF loss). Last season five wins out of six (the exception being Leicester at home 2-5). Overall 34-4-8 in 46 matches.

No penalties for or against us this season but last year he gave us one (at 0-0 at Anfield, Gundo missed it but we won 4-1), and five to our opponents (three to Leicester in the 5-2, a soft one at Anfield to make it 1-1, and one to Everton in Aguero's last game, Ederson saved it). Overall nine for us and six against in 46 matches.

He's given us one red card ever (Boyata v Blackburn in the 2014 FA Cup), and one to our opponents (Chris Smalling in the derby in 2014/15, Aguero 1-0). No straight reds for or against.

Compared to other Prem refs he doesn't give many yellow cards (3 per match this season, 14th out of the 18 refs with 10+ games) but a lot of red cards (0.28 per match, Taylor is second with 0.19 so he's at least 50% more likely to send someone off than any other ref). 4x straight reds, 3x two yellows this season.

He gives an average number of penalties (0.28 per game this season, ave is 0.27).

More info here and here

Last edited:
I think the main criticism of Oliver is he ducks big decisions, penalties, reds etc.

No bad thing for us this weekend imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.