Ref Watch

Liverpool fans chanted “Munich” at Taylor at our place. Only a week later they were moaning about City fans not staying silent for the Hillsborough thing at Wembley… hypocrites, much?!

I think they’re certain he’s a United fan. Just like a lot of our fans are.

Funny thing is, he is actually an Altrincham fan.
I would say most football fan's have a small local team they support, plus a big premier league team. His family are long standing United season ticket holders, it isn't impossible he supports both? Surely you can see that? I live in Altrincham and have seen him walking his dog a number of times perhaps I will get his thoughts next time I see him?

And he cut the game short by at least a minute, Eddie & co wasted at least 2 minutes of the allocated injury time, I was very very surprised when he blew, added to the drama, and recompense for Villa wasting time from the get go, when we got the third I put a tenner on Eddie to be booked

Noticed that too. In fact my main complaint yesterday was that he made me look a bit stupid. Midway through injury time the lady next to me asks how long left, I said at least a couple of minutes. About 5 seconds later he blew!

I remember him speaking to Mings about time wasting and that was it, that's how it should be with refs, they do their job and and let the focus be on the football. He had a good game.

That's what I thought.
After that, I didn't think there was any really obvious timewasting from the keeper.

The Tyler/Neville show tried making out that it was odd that the ref didn't talk to the keeper - not sure why, as he told the captain what was going to get pinged.

Couldn’t believe he didn’t play at least another minute at the end. Good lad Mickey

I actually think he bottled it.
It probably went through his mind that adding too much "extra" extra time to allow Villa to equalise would have created immense media speculation for years to come.
So thought "fuck it" "I've added a bit for eddies injury". "Blow and get out of here!"

Maybe I have this wrong but according to my stream the ref (spit) has a word with Mings about time wasting early on?

Yet they continued to do so? Yet no cards.

WRF is the point of speaking to the team Captain and then let it continue. FFS Eddie has been booked for less in the 89rh min
Twice this season I have seen a ref talk to a captain who no further action taken. Both against us. Not seen it happen anywhere else although I stand corrected if that is the case.

No bother from him at all. Heart was in mouth when Fernandinho pulled back Watkins, or what seemed to be in real time. He called it right though. It was nothing but Watkins trying his luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.