Ref Watch

From last year but no surprises about the bottom club. Why is this is common knowledge are the PL /PGMOL / Refs not doing anything about it https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...orse-Man-City-culpable-Aston-Villa-worst.html
What summed it up for me was the other season Southampton go 1 up at the Etihad in the 13th minute. Cue constant time wasting, with the ref letting it all go (Lee Mason). Serge equalises in the 70th minute and yet the time wasting continues till we score a 87th minute winner. Somehow after that he books Ederson for time wasting.
The amount of bookings Ederson gets when the opposition are immune to it just adds to the list of how we are officiated differently.

What summed it up for me was the other season Southampton go 1 up at the Etihad in the 13th minute. Cue constant time wasting, with the ref letting it all go (Lee Mason). Serge equalises in the 70th minute and yet the time wasting continues till we score a 87th minute winner. Somehow after that he books Ederson for time wasting.
The amount of bookings Ederson gets when the opposition are immune to it just adds to the list of how we are officiated differently.

I’ve said this elsewhere but I think it is more to do with when they punish time wasting rather than who’s involved. For some reason it has always been the case that time wasting in the last 10/15 minutes is officiated completely differently to the previous 75/80 minutes. Yellow cards are thrown around like confetti all over the league in the last few minutes for time wasting. As Ederson never wastes time at any other time other than right at the end, he’s never going to the get the free hits that other ‘keepers get earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.