Ref Watch

Oliver at centre for spurs with tierney on VAR........WTF
It was good to see Oliver referred to the VAR review screen at the weekend, then stick to his original decision. He is senior enough, and has plenty of experience to do that though. These new referees perhaps won't have the confidence to maintain their decisions when referred to the screen by the likes of Mason and Dean.

Oliver is a good referee. I'm not keen on Tierney though. Rumoured to be a United fan, and lives in Wigan.

Not sure we’re quite on the same page here. I’m talking about if a goalkeeper is taking his time restarting play ( usually a goal kick ) he can be booked for time wasting but not concede a free kick, as the ball isn’t in play.

Same as if a defender lamps a forward at a corner. He’ll be sent off either way. But if the corner hasn’t yet been taken, that will remain the restart. Whereas if the corner was already on its way over before the offence has been committed, play would be restarted with a penalty.
It's me! I'm confusing timewasting over a goal kick 'n hanging on to the ball! Of course, the ball isn't in play until the timewasting bastard has kicked it! Should be a mandatory booking for the first time and the goal kick reverts to being a corner. I should be on the IFAB!

Guys the 6 second rule went about 10 years ago. They just have to release the ball "in a reasonable time".

Nobody has told the FA it’s gone.

149c433dc9b1911c3b5e7a08a64e0e1e.jpg

26dc268e8f44620e1d35b582554f227b.jpg

Oliver at centre for spurs with tierney on VAR........WTF
I was expecting Alti Fan and Darren Dipper England if I'm honest.

Still another pair of cunts were going to have to score 3 legitimate goals to win.

Like to see the six second rule enforced and while we're at it get shot of offside rule altogether, should open the game up a bit.
I absolutely hate the game stopping a yard from the halfway line for offside, supposed to be an entertainment game.
Seen a statistic that in The Livarpool v Neverton that the ball was in play for 49 minutes. 49 out 0f 90 who gets there money back?

Guys the 6 second rule went about 10 years ago. They just have to release the ball "in a reasonable time".

The thing that gets me is that the Villa keeper actually left his box at least 3 times when clearing the ball and no one seemed to notice it at all.
I also noticed how far out of his area he was carrying it before kicking it, a bit like the free kicks around the six yard line miraculously ended up outside the area.
I did notice him before the second half started having a word with the ball boys telling them to delay retrieving the ball

The thing that gets me is that the Villa keeper actually left his box at least 3 times when clearing the ball and no one seemed to notice it at all.
Seem to remember years ago a Linesman actually called a keeper out for handball at a kick from his hands, pretty sure it was the dips keeper at Bolton and blow me replays showed he was actually inside and the liner was given lots grief on motd. Maybe that's why it's never called now?

Seem to remember years ago a Linesman actually called a keeper out for handball at a kick from his hands, pretty sure it was the dips keeper at Bolton and blow me replays showed he was actually inside and the liner was given lots grief on motd. Maybe that's why it's never called now?

The linesman’s correct position would be up level with the last defender, so he wouldn’t normally be in a position to call it, if they’ve all pushed up for a long punt. And it’s not something VAR could get involved in.

What has happened if the officials suspect he’s pushing it is the liner will drop back for one. Obviously the ‘keeper unless he’s completely stupid, will notice that and make sure he’s ok for that one. But it would probably put it in his head that they’re on to him and make him more careful from then on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.