Ref Watch

I will always maintain that we get the standard of officials we deserve in football.

Fans are cunts with them and give them far too much stick. They get stick when they’ve had a good game, never mind when they’ve had a poor game. Fans scrutinise everything far too much with pure delusion at times as they never allow for human error in any of their analysis of decisions. They also judge referees who see things once from one angle at one speed and have to make a decision there and then, whereas the fans can see multiple replays before they form an opinion on what they’ve seen.

And the players are cunts with them. All their pathetic diving, feigning injury and claiming for everything makes their job much harder to the point where they probably aren’t sure of most of the things they see anymore.

Who the fuck would want to be a referee?

As bad as any referee performance is or the general standard of referees, it isn’t PIGMOLs fault, it’s not the FAs fault, it’s the fault of the fans and players/managers. We’d have a far better pool and standard of officials if fans just shut the fuck up about them and got real about a number of things, and if players stopped all their bollocks that’s also shit for the game as well as for the officials.

The players do not make things easy,agreed.The theatrics,cheating and feigning injury are to the detriment of the game and obviously effect decisions.That could easily be rectified though with retrospective action......come down heavy on the fuckers for a few games,im talking bans and fines,and it would soon stop.

As for fans,they pay their money,they see the nonsense,and they vent accordingly....i dont think its fair to criticise the terraces.

I will always maintain that we get the standard of officials we deserve in football.

Fans are cunts with them and give them far too much stick. They get stick when they’ve had a good game, never mind when they’ve had a poor game. Fans scrutinise everything far too much with pure delusion at times as they never allow for human error in any of their analysis of decisions. They also judge referees who see things once from one angle at one speed and have to make a decision there and then, whereas the fans can see multiple replays before they form an opinion on what they’ve seen.

And the players are cunts with them. All their pathetic diving, feigning injury and claiming for everything makes their job much harder to the point where they probably aren’t sure of most of the things they see anymore.

As bad as any referee performance is or the general standard of referees, it isn’t PIGMOLs fault, it’s not the FAs fault, it’s the fault of the fans and players/managers. We’d have a far better pool and standard of officials if fans just shut the fuck up about them and got real about a number of things, and if players stopped all their bollocks that’s also shit for the game as well as for the officials.
So total "unaccountabilty"? Then they'd be really good.

Thanks for your input Dermott ; )

Every-time we go away and we get appallingly one sided refs people say its normal all refs naturally favour the home team, yet at the Etihad they seem hell bent on favouring the away team, even VAR doesn’t help with the bias

It is telling when Anthony Taylor is the best referee in the league at present only edging out Michael Oliver becasue he is a bottler in big games.

The next level down the likes of mariner, attwell, madley, hooper, kavanagh who are barely competent and prone to bad calls.

Then you have ineptitude and pettiness the likes of England, Cootes, Tierney, scott, Pawson.

that last lot whether on the pitch or the VAR room constantly wind up and frustrate fan bases not just ours, they spoil games and get fans backs up.

Yes fans and players can over react, but it isn't like it is just us, every game even with the help of technology more and more bad decisions are highlighted.

we need refs miked up and new rules regarding time keeping (I think the stop clock needs to come into play myself) in my opinion to sort out a lot of the frustration. so fans know why decision are made, stop players from bad mouthing and the main cause of frustration, time wasting removed.

It is telling when Anthony Taylor is the best referee in the league at present only edging out Michael Oliver becasue he is a bottler in big games.

The next level down the likes of mariner, attwell, madley, hooper, kavanagh who are barely competent and prone to bad calls.

Then you have ineptitude and pettiness the likes of England, Cootes, Tierney, scott, Pawson.

that last lot whether on the pitch or the VAR room constantly wind up and frustrate fan bases not just ours, they spoil games and get fans backs up.

Yes fans and players can over react, but it isn't like it is just us, every game even with the help of technology more and more bad decisions are highlighted.

we need refs miked up and new rules regarding time keeping (I think the stop clock needs to come into play myself) in my opinion to sort out a lot of the frustration. so fans know why decision are made, stop players from bad mouthing and the main cause of frustration, time wasting removed.
Time keeper definitely required.
Fulham and Brentford have provided absolute masterclasses in time wasting in the last two PL games with no action taken by the referees.

Time keeper definitely required.
Fulham and Brentford have provided absolute masterclasses in time wasting in the last two PL games with no action taken by the referees.
we really should introduce the same as used in basketball, any stoppage be it for a substitution, injury, throw in, free kick or any dead ball situation the clock stops until play resumes and the ball is touched

get rid of added time and refs making it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.